Accessing podcasts on Amazon Music through Wiim app

LennyBruce

I have an Amazon Music HD subscription and use it for my music streaming.

I also listen to a few podcast through Amazon Music as well.

I tend to listen to them via bluetooth on my ear buds through the Amazon app, when out and about.

Is it possible to access them through the Wiim app? I have tried searching but get no success.

It's not a deal breaker, I can always connect with BT and the sound quality doesn't really matter on podcast, it certainly doesn't need to be HD.

Have you tried accessing them from the Amazon Music icon under the Music Services section of the WiiM app?

Are these podcasts specific made for Amazon?
You can always listen to them via Spotify if you want.
Connect Spotify via Spotify connect and you are ready to go.
Huge amount of podcasts there and good recommendations for finding new ones.

Are these podcasts specific made for Amazon?
You can always listen to them via Spotify if you want.
Connect Spotify via Spotify connect and you are ready to go.
Huge amount of podcasts there and good recommendations for finding new ones.
I prefer Amazon because I pay a sub I don't get many adverts and ones that do play can be skipped.

You can likely do it using Alexa. I am not sure if you will be able to do it using voice commands or if you will need to use the Alexa app to select the podcast and then pick the WiiM as the output device for the podcast.

Looks like I will have to just use BT.

No biggy, the quality is absolutely fine for podcasts.

You can certainly access podcasts from the Amazon Music app and cast them using AlexaCast or Chromecast to a WiiM device
Thanks for that.

I had tried to connect through Amazon and it was showing the Ultra.

Quick read of the manual and it needs to be enable in the Home app.

Does it give the same quality and bit rate as the Amazon app through Wiim home?

I've googled it but it's not clear?

Thanks for that.

I had tried to connect through Amazon and it was showing the Ultra.

Quick read of the manual and it needs to be enable in the Home app.

Does it give the same quality and bit rate as the Amazon app through Wiim home?

I've googled it but it's not clear?
In terms of enabling casting from the Amazon Music app using AlexaCast (the round cast icon beside the target device name) you need to have linked alexa via the music services Amazon Alexa entry in the WiiM home app browse page. This assumes that AlexaCast is available in your region - where are you?

Also, if you’ve enabled Chromecast when you set up your WiiM device, you should see a rectangular casting icon in the Amazon Music app for that too.

AlexaCast will be but perfect up to 24/192 while Chromecast on the Ultra is currently limited to 24/48 but that’s unlikely to be a limitation for podcasts.

Back