Ultra and Amazon Music=no go

Are you outputting to an external DAC via toslink? Or playing straight from the device? If the latter I had this problem when set to 24 bit audio. Fixed by switching to coax
I’ve used both usb and optical. I think from earlier discussions that 24 bit may well have been an issue for your setup but that it wasn’t for mine nor others.

Can I add to this thread as I picked up the Ultra specifically for Amazon Music HD/UHD. I have lag, so much lag. It can take anything up to 10 seconds to start playing a chosen track and if I decide to skip to the next track it can take anything up to 15-20 seconds to actually play. I always use wired connection (on 900mbps full fibre) but also tried wireless. Have also tried alexacast which made little difference.
I have done a factory reset and I have tried using all outputs and nothing has improved.
I have submitted a ticket but wont sit on it for long as I'd rather just return it and pick up something else.
First, please try following @Burnside 's advice to change network status settings (on/off).

The video I posted here earlier shows that turning DNS off in WiiM significantly eliminated Amazon music latency.

At the time, DNS was on by default. I don't remember what it is now.

For more reliable response, I recommend rebooting the WiiM device, the WiiM app, and the router after changing the settings. Also, please try all tests with an Ethernet connection.

For reference, here is my current network status screen. With this setup, Amazon music latency is about 3~5 seconds. I believe this is the average speed for third party services that use the Amazon music app.
1000000887.jpg

It is possible that speeds may vary by region or due to temporary bugs in Amazon music, in which case maybe you can find the information somewhere on the net.

I’ve used both usb and optical. I think from earlier discussions that 24 bit may well have been an issue for your setup but that it wasn’t for mine nor others.
Oh sorry didn't realise you're the same person I already discussed with. Haha. Upside is it works flawlessly now via coax. I wonder if maybe I got a poor qc toslink cable.

First, please try following @Burnside 's advice to change network status settings (on/off).

The video I posted here earlier shows that turning DNS off in WiiM significantly eliminated Amazon music latency.

At the time, DNS was on by default. I don't remember what it is now.

For more reliable response, I recommend rebooting the WiiM device, the WiiM app, and the router after changing the settings. Also, please try all tests with an Ethernet connection.

For reference, here is my current network status screen. With this setup, Amazon music latency is about 3~5 seconds. I believe this is the average speed for third party services that use the Amazon music app.
View attachment 10094

It is possible that speeds may vary by region or due to temporary bugs in Amazon music, in which case maybe you can find the information somewhere on the net.

Just to be clear, the delay is not necessarily caused by DNS. In fact, on my WiiM, speeds do not vary depending on whether DNS is turned on or off. But the cause of the delay is most likely somewhere between the Internet, the router, and the WiiM device.

Back