Add to Home Screen not working?

monkeyboy72

Hi, earlier I had to reset my phone and have just added LMS "add to Home Screen" but unlike before where LMS looked more like an app taking up the whole screen with no address bar etc it now just looks like a normal webpage and when I click on the LMS icon from my home screen it keeps opening a fresh instance of it, it's probably not a LMS problem but thought I'd try here first, thanks Screenshot_2024-08-31-12-59-01-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Thanks for your reply, I definitely don't remember using fdroid before?, I might give it a try though thanks.

Add to Home Screen is feature of web browser.
It just creates shortcut to home screen that opens same web page to same browser you used to create shortcut.
Most browsers have hided address bar when opening home screen shortcut to make it look like native application.

I noticed also that when I open LMS using home screen shortcut it shows address bar even though it did not show that in past. On the other hand other web shortcuts hide address bar.

I believe that warning sign icon in address bar is the reason.
Since you run LMS locally you probably do not have secure HTTPS connection configured into use and thus browser warns that ULR is not secure.
New versions of Chrome based browsers probably does not allow hiding address bar for such unsecure URLs.
You probably need to use wrapper like the one in F-droid or configure HTTPS into use for your server running LMS.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for your very informative reply, yes I think you are right about the waring sign icon, It wasn't there before I reset the phone, I checked an old screen capture from another issue a while ago, I'll try and configure https, thanks again.

Back