Amazon Music App does not show the title that is played

mabuse205

Hello everybody,

first of all: my English is not that good so I used Google translator, I hope that is okay.

My question goes to Amazon Music users.

The following problem:
In the best case scenario, I start Amazon Music, go to "Connect" and select the WiiM Mini.
Then I use Amazon Music as usually.
So I select my titles directly in the Amazon Music app and they are shown in the App.
Just the same as using Amazon Music without WiiM.

BUT often the selected title is played but NOT shown in the Amazon app!
I can only see the title in the WiiM App.

Sometimes it even shows the song that I last played (a while ago) in the Amazon App but plays the actual chosen song, correctly seen in the WiiM App.

This is annoying because I want to permanently use the Amazon app with the user interface that is more pleasant for me.

I couldn't reconstruct the error either, it doesn't seem to matter which app I start first.

Does anyone have an idea, a starting point or the same problem?

I suspect this is an issue with the Amazon Music app and AlexaCast, and not really a WiiM issue. For example, if you were sending the audio to an Amazon Echo instead of the WiiM, do you see the same issue? Does the Amazon Music app still get confused but if you look in the Alexa app, the play bar there for the Echo shows the correct info just like the WiiM Home app does for the Mini?

Sorry for my late answer...

It also doesn't work when I work without Alexa.
What's strange is that it works sometimes and then doesn't and it can't be reconstructed.
This is just annoying because I regularly select songs directly from the Amazon Music app and then save them or add them to my playlists.

Does anyone have another idea?

Back