Android WiiM home app landscape mode support for tablets

madbrain

My brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra sits in landscape mode 100% of the time, in its official keyboard case. I cannot rotate the tablet without losing the case protection, as well as keyboard input, which I want to use for complex searches - I hate touch screen virtual keyboards.
Please fix the Android WiiM app to work in landscape mode, also.

And today I tried also on a very old amazon fire with google play store installed, and it works correctly in landscape mode.

However, on both the huawei tablet and this one, even if I assigned the permission to prevent the tablet from sleeping, and even if both devices were powered, I found no way to keep the display active while in the now playing screen.
This unfortunately prevents me to use any of these tablets as displays.

And today I tried also on a very old amazon fire with google play store installed, and it works correctly in landscape mode.

However, on both the huawei tablet and this one, even if I assigned the permission to prevent the tablet from sleeping, and even if both devices were powered, I found no way to keep the display active while in the now playing screen.
This unfortunately prevents me to use any of these tablets as displays.

I don't know if this will help you, but I have my Xiaomi pad6 screen split in two, showing the clock app and the WiiM app. If I set the "never sleep" setting in the clock app, the screen stays on all the time. 😁

1000006427.jpg

However, on the Huawei mediapad M5, only one of the screens can be active, so touching the WiiM app stops the clock, and touching the clock stops the currently playing screen of the WiiM app.

Thank you @Wiimer.
I found that on the amazon fire table I can set it to sleep after 30 minutes, so that's quite not bad considering that this device has an almost dead battery. But I'd like to avoid to apply the same changes on the new Xiaomi.
BubbleUPnP can force the tablet to not go to sleep when it is on the Now Playing screen (provided permission to be granted to the app), so I would expect the WiiM app to behave similarly.
Would it be possible in an upcoming release?

Hello, yes, sure, but this would only be a workaround. Not super-intuitive for the general user. But thank you anyway!

Back