Anybody getting "Connection Timed Out"?

curtalva

Starting at around 4 p.m. today (September 3, 2024) I lost connection to my Playlists and Albums on Amazon Music on both my Wiim Mini (wireless connection) and my Wiim Ultra (ethernet connection). Error attempting to browser to my Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists and Albums. Getting "The Connection has timed out." in every attempt now since about 4 p.m. today. Anyone else having this issue?

p.s. Music is still working if I use the Amazon Music app directly from my PC.

Starting at around 4 p.m. today (September 3, 2024) I lost connection to my Playlists and Albums on Amazon Music on both my Wiim Mini (wireless connection) and my Wiim Ultra (ethernet connection). Error attempting to browser to my Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists and Albums. Getting "The Connection has timed out." in every attempt now since about 4 p.m. today. Anyone else having this issue?

p.s. Music is still working if I use the Amazon Music app directly from my PC.
Are you using the Amazon Music app or the Amazon Music service from within the WiiM Home App?

It's working for me this very second using my WiiM Amp and the WiiM Home App, but it took an unusual amount of time, like mostly 30 seconds.

Froom within the Wiim app and attempting to access Amazon Music service (under Music Services) > My Music > Playlists and Albums. Getting "The Connection has timed out." in every attempt now since about 4 p.m. today. Anyone else having this issue?

And no issue going directly to Amazon Music using the Amazon Music app on my PC.

I'm using the Wiim app and attempting to access Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists and Albums. Getting "The Connection has timed out." in every attempt now since about 4 p.m. today. Anyone else having this issue?

And no issue going directly to Amazon Music using the Amazon Music app on my PC.
No difference for me between the WiiM Home App and the Amazon Music app.

Yes I am getting the issue in WiiM home app Amazon Music app seems ok though

So, the situation might be different in Skull-Country and curtalva-Country from harkpabst-Country.

As a test from within the Wiim Home app I did go to "BBC Radio" and it is working with no issue. Hmmmm ....

It’s just started working again 👍
I had that experience too ... where I thought it had started working again however it was only for a few seconds. It's as if there are web servers being restarted out there somewhere in an attempt to resolve this issue. I was able to get to my Playlist just now so thought it was working but no songs returned so I'm still having the same issue for now.

Since I'm using "BBC Radio" under Music Services the disconnect seems to be between the Wiim Home app and Amazon Music.

As a test from within the Wiim app I did go to "BBC Radio" and it is working with no issue. Hmmmm ....
I haven’t been using Amazon for a few days now been caning Qobuz 😊
Just got that error 20 minutes ago so did the usual reboot etc and it didn’t work
Using the remote/alexa was ok but just retried it and all seems to be okay now

I had that experience too ... where I thought it had started working again however it was only for a few seconds. It's as if there are web servers being restarted out there somewhere in an attempt to resolve this issue. I was able to get to my Playlist just now so thought it was working but no songs returned so I'm still having the same issue for now.

Since I'm using "BBC Radio" under Music Services the disconnect seems to be between the Wiim Home app and Amazon Music.
It’s working again but it’s very slow unlike Qobuz and Deezer which is rapidly responding think you are right are you in the UK?

Seems to be back up at this time (7:13 pm Eastern time zone U.S.) at least for now.

Hi,

We've spoken with the Amazon Music team, and they informed us that the browsing issues were caused by unexpected latency from some services. They are currently working on resolving this.

Hi,

We've spoken with the Amazon Music team, and they informed us that the browsing issues were caused by unexpected latency from some services. They are currently working on resolving this.
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated. :)

Back