Anyone else seeing 'no player found' in LMS?

monkeyboy72

Hi, yesterday morning I opened LMS and was greeted with the message 'no player found', I literally spent hours doing factory reset of my Wiim Pro, then router (what a pain that was), then uninstalled/reinstalled LMS from my NAS but still no player found?.

As an experiment I installed LMS onto my windows 11 laptop and still no player found?.

Interestingly today I received a Wiim Amp that I bought yesterday from Prime Day and unbelievably still no player found.

I then sent a message to Wiim through the app and they replied very quickly saying they were aware of the issue and were releasing a firmware update next week to fix this issue, but I thought it strange no-one else seems to be mentioning it in the forum?, however I'm glad it will hopefully be fixed soon

Hi, yesterday morning I opened LMS and was greeted with the message 'no player found', I literally spent hours doing factory reset of my Wiim Pro, then router (what a pain that was), then uninstalled/reinstalled LMS from my NAS but still no player found?.

As an experiment I installed LMS onto my windows 11 laptop and still no player found?.

Interestingly today I received a Wiim Amp that I bought yesterday from Prime Day and unbelievably still no player found.

I then sent a message to Wiim through the app and they replied very quickly saying they were aware of the issue and were releasing a firmware update next week to fix this issue, but I thought it strange no-one else seems to be mentioning it in the forum?, however I'm glad it will hopefully be fixed soon
Nope, I play from LMS to my Ultra every day and haven’t seen any sign of this at all.

I haven't experienced any problem either.
Mini with UPnPBridge
Pro native Squeezelite

I haven't experienced any problem either.
Mini with UPnPBridge
Pro native Squeezelite
Yup, very strange that WiiM are aware of an issue that hadn't been reported previously and apparently already have a fix 😀. I often wonder if they ever intend to update Squeezelite.

I just received my Ultra and it does not show up on my Lyrion server either.
It auto-updated its firmware and still it doesnt show up on Lyrion.
What can I check?

So it's not just me then, strangely that's good to know.
Been playing around with things all day again and still no joy, seems strange that today I received a brand new Wiim device and brand new installation onto my laptop (been using NAS) and it still fails to see as a player, something must be happening Wiim's end but what could it possibly be that only affects a few people??.

Update:
I just checked and it now shows!
Dunno what happened - but it shows now.
However, it does play 32 bit WAV files - its garbled.
Anyone else tryi g to play 32 bit files?

I’m not 100% sure that Squeezelite (in any guise) supports 32bit or native SB players for that matter.

I don’t have any 32bit tracks to try with

Their marketing says it will play them which is the only reason I bought one……

Yeah but is that specifically with LMS?

I have lots of gear that will do 32/768 etc but not with LMS. As I say no Flacs or WAV to test with.

I can play the 32bit WAV files through a laptop to my RME ADI-2 PRO fs r via a USB cable so I know the files are fine.
It seems to be a problem with the Ultra which is fristrating.

Update:
I just checked and it now shows!
Dunno what happened - but it shows now.

I've found with my WiiM Pro units that their discovery of the LMS server can be slow. Each time I restart LMS, my WiiMs do not immediately show up in my LMS players list-- they always do if I wait some number of minutes, however.

I'm having this problem too. Wiim Pro firmware version 4.8.623428

Everything else appears to be in order. I have not been able to get LMS to "see" the Wiim Pro

I can only suggest that you do as I did and contact wiim through the app explaining the problem and hopefully they will forward you the firmware update that has fixed my issue, they sent it for my Pro and Amp.

Back