Apple Music/Apple Music Classical to Wiim Pro Plus: how to...

eieio

Dear All:

i am trying to use a current Samsung Tab S9 wifi model tablet (current model) with the android Apple Music Classical app and somehow play this through the Wiim Pro Plus. i particularly like the apple music classical's visual presentation on its app. i was told it can be done easily via wifi.

i don't know how to do this.

may i ask what i might need to do please?

thank you in advance.

I would have suggested using Chromecast but from a quick google search, it would seem that Apple Music Classical on Android doesn’t support that (unlike the Apple Music app which does), which unfortunately only leaves Bluetooth as a wireless option.

Edit #1: on goggling further this link suggests you can cast audio from a Samsung device from the “music player widget from the notification centre”

Edit #2: What I take from that is that if you start playing something from Apple Music Classical, go to your phone’s notification centre (on my Moto I swipe down from the top of the screen) where you should see the now playing widget for AMC. Select “this phone” on that widget and see if that allows you to choose your WiiM as a target speaker.

Edit #3: Using #2, I couldn’t see my WiiM devices as targets unfortunately. However, try starting the music in AMC, then go to the Google Home app, select your WiiM device and on the next page choose “cast my audio”. I had more success doing that just playing a track I had on my phone.

Last edited:
I don’t have an Apple Music/ Classical subscription so couldn’t try the actual apps themselves. Does option #3 above work for you too?

You might know my affinity to smart things 😉 No Google Home here, sorry.
It’s not necesarily smart home related - it’s where you see your Chromecast enabled WiiM devices and can then choose one as a target for your phone audio without the need for a third party app.

Back