Apple music sounds thin on wiim amp via chromecast

Sumit

When I play apple music via chromecast. It's sound me thin. When spotify played it really sounded open...is ther any bugs for apple music on wiim amp..or it doesn't support apple music.

Apple Musics protocol is Airplay, not Chromecast, which is supported my the original WiiM Amp (not the recently launched pro), so this is the correct way to stream it to the Amp. Through Airplay, Apple Music sounds.. not bad, but considerably better than Spotify. Both services are vastly inferior to high res ones like Qbuz or Tidal which offer much better sounding formats like FLAC with increased sound quality.

Apple Musics protocol is Airplay, not Chromecast, which is supported my the original WiiM Amp (not the recently launched pro), so this is the correct way to stream it to the Amp. Through Airplay, Apple Music sounds.. not bad, but considerably better than Spotify. Both services are vastly inferior to high res ones like Qbuz or Tidal which offer much better sounding formats like FLAC with increased sound quality.
On android, Apple Music doesn’t have the choice of using airplay, just Chromecast afaicr

Tidal is not available in india. So I use Apple via chromecast.

It’s funny Apple gave us high resolution loseless only get downgrade in sound because it’s airplay limited to cd.

It’s funny Apple gave us high resolution loseless only get downgrade in sound because it’s airplay limited to cd.
Yes, it's funny, but this thread is still about Chromecast. ;)

@Sumit, what are the devices you are using apart from the WiiM Amp?

Back