Audio Output setting "Line Out"?

slartibartfast

Major Contributor
Since the latest firmware update I see a choice of Line Out or Bluetooth for Audio Output. With "Line Out" selected it is still labelled "Speaker Out" on the main settings page. Very strange.

My Amp (v5.0.620450) does not have it.
You may need to reboot the device or delete the app cache.🙂

My Amp (v5.0.620450) does not have it.
You may need to reboot the device or delete the app cache.🙂
The app also updated today. I'll clear the cache later but how would Line Out ever be present for the Amp. You might find yours changes to Line Out later 🤣

Yes, you are right, I just updated the Android app and this is what happened. 😂
1000000531.jpg

Tomorrow, a new line-out terminal may grow out of the Amp's top panel.😁

I have rebooted the Amp but did not try a full power cycle, yet ...

It is more likely to be the app. @Wiimer saw it after the app update.
With Amp FW as above my findings are:
  • No wrong output options with WHA 2.10.0.240614.ffe744, even after deleting all app data (Sony, Android 14).
  • No wrong output options with WHA 2.10.1.240618.abafa0, even after deleting and reinstalling the app (Xiaomi HyperOS 1.0.7, based on Android 14, does not support deleting app data or app cache data)
Go figure, WiiM. 🤷‍♂️

With Amp FW as above my findings are:
  • No wrong output options with WHA 2.10.0.240614.ffe744, even after deleting all app data (Sony, Android 14).
  • No wrong output options with WHA 2.10.1.240618.abafa0, even after deleting and reinstalling the app (Xiaomi HyperOS 1.0.7, based on Android 14, does not support deleting app data or app cache data)
Go figure, WiiM. 🤷‍♂️
I reported it through the app.

App v 240614, which has not been updated yet, shows Speaker out correctly.

1000002493.jpg

• (Xiaomi HyperOS 1.0.7, based on Android 14, does not support deleting app data or app cache data)

Curiously, my Xiaomi pad 6 (HyperOS 1.0.7) can delete app cache and data. 🤔

Curiously, my Xiaomi pad 6 (HyperOS 1.0.7) can delete app cache and data. 🤔
On my Xiaomi 12 - even with the previous MiUI version - I never had any means to delete cache or app data. I don't know why.

Last edited:
On my Xiaomi 12 - even with the previous MiUI version - I never had any means to dele cache or app data. I don't know why.

I know this is a silly question, but is there a Eraser icon in the storage section of the app info?

1000002496.jpg

1000002497.jpg

I know this is a silly question, but is there a Eraser icon in the storage section of the app info?
So, now I know how you are thinking about my technical skills. 😂

Actually, the icon is there but is always greyed out. Whenever I tap on "Storage" I get the message "No data".
IMG_20240621_183609.jpg

Incorrect labeling on the Audio Output page here too.
I wouldn't have noticed had I not seen this thread. Most likely a copy and paste error.

Back