Audio Pro A10 causes WiiM Home App to crash

Hazenhart

New user here. App v. 2.11.240816.61b297
Wiim Pro working well.
Just added a Audio Pro A10Mkii today. Shows as an available device. Selecting the A10 causes the app to crash. Can play music through the A10 by grouping it with the Wiim Pro. Can control volume of the A10 through the general device page, but if I click on the A10 the app crashes.
Everything works fine on the Audio Pro implementation of the app.

New user here. App v. 2.11.240816.61b297
Wiim Pro working well.
Just added a Audio Pro A10Mkii today. Shows as an available device. Selecting the A10 causes the app to crash. Can play music through the A10 by grouping it with the Wiim Pro. Can control volume of the A10 through the general device page, but if I click on the A10 the app crashes.
Everything works fine on the Audio Pro implementation of the app.

Is the Audio Pro A10Mkii officially recommended by the manufacturer to use the WiiM home app?
If not, then I believe the issue is not supported by WiiM.

You may want to submit a support ticket and discuss this with them.

Is the Audio Pro A10Mkii officially recommended by the manufacturer to use the WiiM home app?
If not, then I believe the issue is not supported by WiiM.

You may want to submit a support ticket and discuss this with them.
There is not a recommended devices list that I can find for either WiiM or Audio Pro, but they are both LinkPlay - based systems with the wide functionality for Casting, GoogleHome, etc, and both are functional across each other's version of the app (the apps clearly use the same base code), although as I noted the WiiM app crashes under certain circumstances. I figured a the crash in the WiiM app with the Audio Pro gear was something WiiM would like corrected.
Again, I am new to the WiiM / LinkPlay ecosystem, apologies if I have misunderstood.

There is not a recommended devices list that I can find for either WiiM or Audio Pro, but they are both LinkPlay - based systems with the wide functionality for Casting, GoogleHome, etc, and both are functional across each other's version of the app (the apps clearly use the same base code), although as I noted the WiiM app crashes under certain circumstances. I figured a the crash in the WiiM app with the Audio Pro gear was something WiiM would like corrected.
Again, I am new to the WiiM / LinkPlay ecosystem, apologies if I have misunderstood.

As you mentioned, Linkplay provides software to several audio brands. However, the WiiM home app is designed specifically for WiiM devices and does not officially support third-party devices.

I know of instances where other companies' devices with built-in Linkplay software will also work with the WiiM app, but I don't think it will work perfectly. Also, the WiiM app is updated frequently, so it is possible that third-party device from that worked in the past may suddenly no longer work.

In my opinion, this is not a Linkplay issue, but I would recommend talking to the support of both companies.

As you mentioned, Linkplay provides software to several audio brands. However, the WiiM home app is designed specifically for WiiM devices and does not officially support third-party devices.

I know of instances where other companies' devices with built-in Linkplay software will also work with the WiiM app, but I don't think it will work perfectly. Also, the WiiM app is updated frequently, so it is possible that third-party device from that worked in the past may suddenly no longer work.

In my opinion, this is not a Linkplay issue, but I would recommend talking to the support of both companies.
I tried the Audio Pro app with my Wiim Pro. It worked with music browsing and playing, search is not aggregated but per service Amazon and Qobuz in my case. Obviously all the customisation and deep configuration is not there as it is in the Wiim app.

Oddly I quite liked it, the colour palette, it worked for me. White letters on a dark background with blue accent. Felt right.

Wiim app is still more convenient and feature rich. Would be nice to change the colours. Not a fan of the green colour scheme but that's being very 'nit picky' 😁

I tried the Audio Pro app with my Wiim Pro. It worked with music browsing and playing, search is not aggregated but per service Amazon and Qobuz in my case. Obviously all the customisation and deep configuration is not there as it is in the Wiim app.
It might be worthwhile for the OP to try adding the WiiM device to the Audio Pro app. (he has tried that already?)

Wiim app is still more convenient and feature rich. Would be nice to change the colours. Not a fan of the green colour scheme but that's being very 'nit picky' 😁
Indeed, the design looks a bit dated to me. 😅

It might be worthwhile for the OP to try adding the WiiM device to the Audio Pro app. (he has tried that already?)
You can link Wiim devices to each other in the Audio Pro app, when tested, as well as WIIM to Acrylic devices. So I would have thought it should work that way round for them.

I submitted a ticket to WiiM support last night.
I woke this morning to a reply that the issue has been fixed and a link to an updated apk that incorporates the fix. Indeed, the problem is gone.
I am stunned. WiiM is setting the bar for customer and product support here. Wow. I am impressed.

Re: the Audio Pro app. Yes it immediately detected my WiiM Pro. Seems like a good app, but doesn't have the deep customization of WiiM Home.

I submitted a ticket to WiiM support last night.
I woke this morning to a reply that the issue has been fixed and a link to an updated apk that incorporates the fix. Indeed, the problem is gone.
I am stunned. WiiM is setting the bar for customer and product support here. Wow. I am impressed.

Re: the Audio Pro app. Yes it immediately detected my WiiM Pro. Seems like a good app, but doesn't have the deep customization of WiiM Home.
To be honest, I was impressed too. 🤣
Glad to see it resolved.

Like I said I am new to WiiM. Coming off of over a decade with Sonos for multi-room audio (a mix of powered speakers and streamers feeding amps). The app support is literal night and day. I am quite pleased with my choice so far. The experience is not quite a seemless, but clearly WiiM is interested in making satisfied customers, and Sonos is borderline non-functional of late. These guys could capture quite a bit of the disgruntled Sonos market.

Like I said I am new to WiiM. Coming off of over a decade with Sonos for multi-room audio (a mix of powered speakers and streamers feeding amps). The app support is literal night and day. I am quite pleased with my choice so far. The experience is not quite a seemless, but clearly WiiM is interested in making satisfied customers, and Sonos is borderline non-functional of late. These guys could capture quite a bit of the disgruntled Sonos market.
It’s just matter of time before wiim taking their market share. Many of these streamers has superior hardware but lacking the software expertise. As a customer, I don’t just like bug fixing but feature being added plus wiim product are upgradeable if you don’t like the built in dac coupled by low price.

Back