Best connection for wiim ultra + subwoofer

EddieMurphy

Hi!
What is the best way to connect subwoofer to wiim ultra? I have both rca and lfe options available. I am using subwoofer only for movies.

Hi!
What is the best way to connect subwoofer to wiim ultra? I have both rca and lfe options available. I am using subwoofer only for movies.

This is how you would normally set it up.

1. Connect the Ultra's sub out to the sub's LFE input with RCA cables.
  2. Set the sub crossover to maximum.
  3. Set the sub's phase to 0 degrees.
  4. Set the volume of the sub to 50%. (Adjust as needed.)
  5. Open the subwoofer settings in the WiiM app and turn on the subwoofer.
  6. Turn on the Ultra, switch to the input you want to use, and turn the volume down.
  7. Turn on the sub's power (or auto standby).
  8. Play test music.
  9. Adjust volume, crossover, phase and delay in the subwoofer settings in the WiiM app.

Does your amplifier or receiver have any bass management? If not, you could get bass management by connecting your subwoofer via the LFE connection on the subwoofer and the sub out on the Ultra. Then you would turn sub out On on the Ultra. If you have a home theater receiver... 5.1, 7.2 etc... you can connect the subwoofer to your receiver subwoofer out and use its bass management which may be better than the bass management on the Ultra. If your receiver has pre out connections and you don't need bass management you can connect the pre-outs on your receiver to your subwoofer L & R RCA inputs. I would suggest trying different options. Turn off your subwoofer and your amplifier to change the connections is also my suggestion

Last edited:
Back