Beta Test: USB Output (Feature now publicly available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WiiM amp USB-Out Beta test.

Ticket #506339

EQ adjustments are not reflected in the sound on both USB-Out and Speaker-Out.

Android WHA 2.10.2.240625
Firmware 5.0.621154
I concur with EQ/PEQ no longer having any impact on the speakers with this beta firmware. I’ll submit a ticket too

Wiim still optimizing and tweaking before general release. RC took a while before it got release.

Hi, If you'd like to Beta test USB out, please sign up on this form below.

Please note that it's only available for WiiM Amp and Ultra.

Last edited:
Any word on usb out playing at the same time as sub out? I just received the beta version and usb out is working great on my end for my mains, but no sub out yet as far as I can tell. Haven’t played with EQ yet, but seems other folks have confirmed it is working on their end for their mains.

Any word on usb out playing at the same time as sub out? I just received the beta version and usb out is working great on my end for my mains, but no sub out yet as far as I can tell. Haven’t played with EQ yet, but seems other folks have confirmed it is working on their end for their mains.
Have you dropped a line to WiiM to ask via the feedback route?

As I wrote previously, same time output to sub was not possible in my testing. Please open a support ticket and submit a feature request as I am not sure how this will be handled in the future.

it would seem to be an omission if the sub wasn’t active when using usb audio, even more so in the upcoming Ultra as it’ll likely support the sub with its digital outputs and it would be strange to omit the usb out from that.

it would seem to be an omission if the sub wasn’t active when using usb audio, even more so in the upcoming Ultra as it’ll likely support the sub with its digital outputs and it would be strange to omit the usb out from that.
I hope so, but I have a feeling they are thinking of it as a headphone out, not a pre-out, so if you use the USB out with headphones and don't auto stop sub-out, you will have to turn it on and off manually for every time you switch outputs.

I hope so, but I have a feeling they are thinking of it as a headphone out, not a pre-out, so if you use the USB out with headphones and don't auto stop sub-out, you will have to turn it on and off manually for every time you switch outputs.
I would perhaps follow that logic on the Amp but not necessarily on the Ultra which has its own headphone amp. However, given WiiM shares a lot of its firmware and features across models, I might equally say they’ll have both models perform similarly

Just got an email back from Wiim. See below. Kind of unfortunate for the ultra too if you were planning on an external DAC and sub management.

“Sorry, WiiM devices are designed to support only one output at a time.”

Just got an email back from Wiim. See below. Kind of unfortunate for the ultra too if you were planning on an external DAC and sub management.

“Sorry, WiiM devices are designed to support only one output at a time.”
Just got a new update (basically not applicable for amp though since there is no out other than speaker terminals):

We apologize for the inconvenience.

After speaking with our engineers, I have learned that USB output does not support being used with sub output at the same time. However, wired outputs such as line, SPDIF, and optical outputs can be used in conjunction with sub outputs. This applies to both the AMP and Ultra models.

Just got a new update (basically not applicable for amp though since there is no out other than speaker terminals):
The Amp is getting the same USB out feature, so I'd think it is applicable.

Doesn't make it any better, of course.

The Amp is getting the same USB out feature, so I'd think it is applicable.

Doesn't make it any better, of course.
Sorry, I meant that the news that other outputs would work with the sub out wasn’t applicable for the amp since the amp doesn’t have other outputs other than speaker terminals.

Sorry, I meant that the news that other outputs would work with the sub out wasn’t applicable for the amp since the amp doesn’t have other outputs other than speaker terminals.
It also has Bluetooth output ;)

I get it now.

Being able to use USB out and sub out at the same time has explicitly been asked for and confirmed by WiiM for the Ultra. Dropping this feature could disappoint quite a number of buyers.

But if WiiM are keeping their promise for the Ultra I don't see, why the shouldn't bring it to the Amp as well. 😐

We get 2 updates in a month middle and end of month. I’m just wondering what’s store for us on middle of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back