Blending music

Palco

Hello,
I miss the blending function (1-12 sec.) in the application.
For example, Sonos has this feature...
I don't want to listen to gaps between songs :)

Thanks P.

Totally agree! It is so annoying if already blended music stops harsh and a new song kicks in hard! For everybody that does not want this feature - they simply can switch of the feature (as it is already possible now). For everybody else a variable blending function would be a hugh relief regarding music enjoyment!
I suggested this feature already, but it got very little sympathy, what I do not understand…

The problem is that as far as the device is concerned its just a digital file it is playing. It cannot determine whether you are playing a playlist of disparate tracks or an album. For an album (particularly one which has gapless tracks) you do not want any kind of crossfade applied but you might for disparate tracks. Having an ON/OFF toggle might help but it would still be really annoying if you accidentally left the setting ON when playing an album such as Dark Side of the Moon.

It is possible to have this sort of feature but only really when a music server is involved. LMS has Smart Crossfade for example but I am not aware if other servers have similar.

I think Roon has something similar. But I never had usage for such a feature and therefore I didn't test it or even thought about. This is what I could find in a hurry.

View attachment 9400
That isn't quite the same.

LMS Smart Crossfade is a per player setting. If you are playing an album it will NOT crossfade between tracks but if you are playing a selection of tracks from different sources it will.

Back