Missing first 1-2 sec. when playing music

jfrickmann

I play music via DLNA from my NAS drive to a set of speakers connected with a TOSLINK cable.
But when I start playing, I miss the first 1-2 sec. of the first track. Really annoying e. g. for Beethoven’s 5th.
I am guessing it happens because my speakers take 1-2 sec. to turn on. I have tried the option that should eliminate popping sounds for certain DACs but it only made it worse.
My feature request is therefore an option to insert a couple of seconds of silent signal before it starts playing the first track.
I have the WiiM Pro.

Try to disable Fade in / fade out effects option in Audio settings menu.

I'm not sure if the solution is as simple as you imagine it to be. My Genelecs need 1 or 2 seconds too to turn on. I start playing music and let the speakers turn on. Then I simply restart what's playing. I agree that isn't the nicest solution, but clearly it's not the Wiim's fault that my speakers are not ready. I understand your frustration though.

I find if I start streaming and the press pause immediately I can avoid this issue. My old vintage amps take between 8 seconds to close to a minute with the tube ones to turn on. So I just pause and wait

maybe @ wiim team could add this function as a configurable option. "delay playback when waking from sleep" + you choose the duration to suit your system??

so a silent tone plays for however many seconds you want when you are waking up from "sleep"

maybe @ wiim team could add this function as a configurable option. "delay playback when waking from sleep" + you choose the duration to suit your system??

so a silent tone plays for however many seconds you want when you are waking up from "sleep"
Thanks for your suggestion; I will discuss it with our team to check how to implement it.

Back