Blurry album art from NAS

Fralle

Hi,

I am having trouble with extremely bad quality album art playing from my NAS. NAS is actually a SSD connected directly to my Asus router and then I pretty much followed the instructions in the link below.

I never had this problem using my previous streamer and their native app, Lindemann Limetree. I also tried yesterday using Mcconect and you can se and compare the pictures yourself.

Anyone else hade this problem and know how to fix it?

Attachments

• Wiim.jpg
    Wiim.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Mcconnect.jpg
    Mcconnect.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 40
I've already raised a ticket for the track artist problem so your only option is to do the same for the album artwork issue.

You could look at other servers that don't have this issue (because they only serve the original artwork) e.g. MinimServer, but without knowing exactly how you're using Jriver I can't say what's suitable.

Last edited:
Hi Team,

Regarding the JRiver album resolution issue, we have identified the root cause and it will be fixed in our next app release.

Additionally, our player now supports obtaining album art from embedded FLAC files. This feature will be included in the firmware update scheduled for mid-July. Stay tuned!

Additionally, our player now supports obtaining album art from embedded FLAC files. This feature will be included in the firmware update scheduled for mid-July. Stay tuned!
Just to temper expectations (mainly @Fralle), given this is coming as a firmware update am I right in thinking this will only address low resolution artwork on the Now Playing screen and not the track listing screen?

I'm hoping this to be the case, as the image displayed in the header section of a track listing should be the same image that was presented in the album listing (apart from resolution where available). I have raised this before.

Back