Cannot stream higher than 24/48

ApH

Apologies if this is a stupid or already answered question.

I cannot seem to stream higher than 24/48 using Tidal. Test samples from the settings within the wiim android app work fine, I can output 24/192 to my DAC using both coaxial and optical cables. I've enabled MQA beta in the app.

My Wiim Pro is plugged into a Topping E50 DAC connected to a stereo amplifier.

PS I should add this is consistent when streaming from the app on my phone or using the Tidal Connect app and Airplay 2 on a MacBook Pro.

Apologies if this is a stupid or already answered question.

I cannot seem to stream higher than 24/48 using Tidal. Test samples from the settings within the wiim android app work fine, I can output 24/192 to my DAC using both coaxial and optical cables. I've enabled MQA beta in the app.

My Wiim Pro is plugged into a Topping E50 DAC connected to a stereo amplifier.
Ensure tidal app set on the highest setting, it could be hifi or master depending on your subscription. Set wiim app on audio setting 192khz and 24 bit then play the tune. Set MQA on then choose renderer only. There’s new iOS app that return those setting.

Thanks. Following that exact process in order solved the issue (albeit in the android app and with MQA set to 'No MQA capabilities - renderer isn't an option). However, If I select the album from Tidal within the Wiim app it resets to 24/48. Playing in the Tidal app keeps it as 24/192, even if I then switch to the Wiim app and play from within there. Curious, but the main problem is solved.

Thanks. Following that exact process in order solved the issue (albeit in the android app and with MQA set to 'No MQA capabilities - renderer isn't an option). However, If I select the album from Tidal within the Wiim app it resets to 24/48. Playing in the Tidal app keeps it as 24/192, even if I then switch to the Wiim app and play from within there. Curious, but the main problem is solved.
Mine does the same thing with tidal connect. Basically I just use tidal connect instead of the wiim app with tidal.

Some uber nerd whose name escapes me - had the same issue - tested a variety of optical cables when they encountered this. Fix was two fold - a new optical cable and ensuring the cables were loosely rolled.
I'm sure the OP will chime in and correct me now. Hope so.

Tidal from within wiim app is not the same as tidal connect.
(Unlike Amazon, which behaves the same way in the app and with alexacast, for example.)
Wiim app tidal maxes out at 24/48. Wiim have acknowledged this, and implied they will rectify this on a thread here somwhere.

The item about loosly coiled optical cables is that when tightly coiled, 192 may not work.

Back