Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had bought the mini for Deezer in 02/22.. functionality not in development as was Amazon HD which concentrated all the energies for months (with the MQA), but declared already available at my purchase, it was totally unusable until 01/23... but finally arrived.... ;-)

At least they’re not silent on the topic. It certainly suggests here that there will be another SKU with AirPlay in it later on, far from a confirmation though. Doesn’t help pre-order customers much however.
What about people who buy them because the press release they state it’s on progress of certification? Misleading can break trust between customer and company. Airplay can be minority for those who use them but many of them buy ultra because of that feature.

finaly and simple..
maybe just don't buy on promises but on things observed... (even if it seems more annoying because the functionality existed before its withdrawal no? ) ;-)

finaly and simple..
maybe just don't buy on promises but on things observed... (even if it seems more annoying because the functionality existed before its withdrawal no? ) ;-)
I will connect mini optical out to ultra optical in. Mini will be the device that will be doing airplay purposes.

I will connect mini optical out to ultra optical in. Mini will be the device that will be doing airplay purposes.
Looks like the Ultra can provide enough current to power the Mini which makes this setup as simple as possible.

What about people who buy them because the press release they state it’s on progress of certification? Misleading can break trust between customer and company. Airplay can be minority for those who use them but many of them buy ultra because of that feature.
I agree this whole situation is extremely misleading and has already done harm for customer trust.

The press release said it was an included feature, then WiiM quietly edited the press release to remove any mention of AirPlay. That’s what I mean by it not helping pre-order customers, they ordered based on specifications in a press release that were later redacted without warning.

WiiM need to improve their communication.

finaly and simple..
In the earlier press releases there was no mention of AirPlay not being available due to ongoing certification processes. They very explicitly state that the capabilities of the product customers were pre-ordering, which included AirPlay without any caveats:

Edit: replied to wrong comment

Last edited:
I gave my mini to a friend who like me is not too convinced by streaming and uses it on the radio on a little Apogee dac...mini/mini... ;-)

At least they’re not silent on the topic. It certainly suggests here that there will be another SKU with AirPlay in it later on, far from a confirmation though. Doesn’t help pre-order customers much however.
Ok that sucks... Yes I can probably just cancel my order, but I've already sold my WiiM Pro 😐

A German politician once called Bruno, a bear which came to Bavaria from elsewhere "problem bear". May be he already knew more..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back