Chromecast not visible

gazza1101

I have just bought a Wiim pro( I also have a mini) Chromecast is not showing up when I want to cast to it, I am using an iPhone and an android tablet, my other chromecast devices are available?

How does it show up, i.e. does it say "WiiM"? I went through the Chromecast setup and when I try to cast YouTube music, I don't see anything sounding like WiiM, but I see a long number that starts with "R", then 10 numbers, then "-47". Is that it? Can I rename it if it is the WiiM Pro?

Mine appeared as WiiM Pro, I don’t recall any id like the one you describe. Does it appear as that in the Google Home app too?

Do you have google home installed on your device?
Not sure if it’s relevant but I did not and chromecast showed up after I installed it.

I looked again and it showed up! I had renamed it "Living Room Streamer" and didn't see it buried in the various other devices in Chromecast. I opened up an album and played a song through WiiM and all was good, so I'm happy. All of my music had been in Google Music and when it folded and I had to move everything into YouTube Music, it hasn't been that great. But now I can get to it through my intended method and that's great!

Back