Chromecast not working

timmo

Major Contributor
I’m trying to Chromecast from SiriusXM to WiiM Pro (both of them - I have two) and it won’t work to either. All it does is show a circle around the Play button in the SiriusXM app when connected to WiiM Pro via Chromecast (and the WiiM app confirms it’s connected to Chromecast). It won’t play anything. I also tried Pandora app with the exact same result.

Is Chromecast currently broken with the WiiM Pro? I can’t find a setting to even turn it off as I was going to use that as a troubleshooting step (i.e. Turn off Chromecast, reboot WiiM, re-enable Chromecast). Can’t figure out how to do that. Thanks for any help/guidance.

I think you need to factory reset the pro to disable chromecast, otherwise it's a one way switch!
Ugh - that is odd. Glad I’m not missing something in the settings. Perhaps I’ll try that and see if it makes a difference to get it working. I wonder if the new AirPlay Casting functionality broke Chromecast, because it used to work great not too long ago (this is first time using it since that update).

Well, I didn’t factory reset it but I did completely reset my home network (power issues going on). Since then, it now magically works on both Pros - so I chalk this up to my own network causing the problem somehow.

Well, I didn’t factory reset it but I did completely reset my home network (power issues going on). Since then, it now magically works on both Pros - so I chalk this up to my own network causing the problem somehow.
Hi timmo,

There's a chance that your ISP's DNS might be experiencing issues. It could be beneficial to configure your WiiM devices' DNS server to "8.8.8.8" within the device settings using the WiiM Home App. The device will default to using your ISP's DNS if this setting is not in place.

Back