Clicks when using coaxial connection

EddieMurphy

Hi guys,

Does anybody also has issues when you are using coaxial connection with Wiim ultra and audiolab 7000a or other amp?
I have clicks every time from speakers , like every hour…. and music also freezes for microsecond. I can hear this “clicks” just when devices are turn on and there is no music playing.

I used max resolution 192/24.

With optical connection there is no issues.

Both Wiim ultra and audiolab 7000a are capable of 192/24.

Edit:
What I did
1. Tried different cable
2. Tried to turn off equalizer
3. Tried to decrease line out level VRMS
4. Tried to adjust same rate switch latency
5. It is not related to internet because when I am watching movies through Wiim ultra connected to tv by hdmi , sound also stops and I here clicks
6. Tried to turn off upsampling 352khz in audiolab 7000a
7. Tried different coaxial inputs
8. Changed hdmi cable.
9. Tried to reset audiolab and Wiim ultra
10. Tried different firmware version on amp

Last edited:
Try a different cable. Also, submit a ticket to WiiM when it does happen so they can inspect your logs for clues as to what is causing it.

Try a different cable. Also, submit a ticket to WiiM when it does happen so they can inspect your logs for clues as to what is causing it.
1)Should I submit ticket in the app?
2) can I use rca cable which comes with wiim ultra? It should be red or black?

I have clicks every time from speakers , like every hour…. and music also freezes for microsecond.

I used max resolution 192/24.

With optical connection there is no issues.
Why don't you use the optical connection in the first if it works without issues?

Ideally, the cable used for a coaxial connection should be ... well ... coaxial as the name implies. It should have a "characteristic impedance" of 75 Ohms. The RCA cables that came with your Ultra are probably not coaxial (I never ripped one apart, though) and thus probably don't have a well defined characteristic impedance. Still, there's nothing wrong in just trying it out. If it works, you're done. If it doesn't, try a different"real" 75 Ohm coaxial cable ...

Why don't you use the optical connection in the first if it works without issues?

Ideally, the cable used for a coaxial connection should be ... well ... coaxial as the name implies. It should have a "characteristic impedance" of 75 Ohms. The RCA cables that came with your Ultra are probably not coaxial (I never ripped one apart, though) and thus probably don't have a well defined characteristic impedance. Still, there's nothing wrong in just trying it out. If it works, you're done. If it doesn't, try a different"real" 75 Ohm coaxial cable ...
1. My cable is coaxial 75om, but I bought it used.
2. Tried with Wiim rca cables and still there are clicks after 1 hour of listening.
3. Raised ticket to Wiim
4. I want to use coaxial instead of optical(mine works with 192/24) because a lot of people are saying that coaxial is better than optical and I want to use the best possible option for sound quality.
5. If there is possibility to use coaxial I should have it. There is an issue with coax and I need to know why

Guys, maybe signal of coaxial connection is interrupted by something? Like internet router etc?

a) Optical is not prone to RFI.
b) Optical does not need nor establish an additional ground connection, reducing the likelihood of ground loops.
c) These are real advantages.
d) You can call yourself lucky that 192 kHz 24 bit is working through optical. In many cases it's harder to get this working (or not even supported on the receiving end).
e) If there's anything in the logs WiiM should be able to identify it.

Back