Constantly resetting

Bigtwist

Just got the WiiM Pro. I’m constantly needing to reset my device. When changing from one album to the next it will get stuck on what is currently playing and not let me switch. I have to go through reset procedure to make the switch. It drops the device over and over. Device not found…reset again. I’m using the factory router that comes with Google Fiber. The latest offered equipment with 2 gig service. Works great on all the other devices in my house. I emailed WiiM and this was their response:

Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Our engineers have checked your logs and please check the following solution:
1. Log into the router.
2. Navigate to Advanced Setup > DHCP Reservation.
3. Locate DHCP Reservation State.
4. Remove existing DHCP Reservations.
5. Set DHCP Reservation State to Disable.
6. Reboot all Sonos products.

Best,
WiiM Support

I don’t have any Sonos products!
I’m sorry but I can not figure out how to do this and I don’t want to screw up something that works with every other device in my home. I thought I would post on here to see if anyone else is experiencing this aggravating problem and what you did about it. I’m about to send this sucker back to where it came from.

Just got the WiiM Pro. I’m constantly needing to reset my device. When changing from one album to the next it will get stuck on what is currently playing and not let me switch. I have to go through reset procedure to make the switch. It drops the device over and over. Device not found…reset again. I’m using the factory router that comes with Google Fiber. The latest offered equipment with 2 gig service. Works great on all the other devices in my house. I emailed WiiM and this was their response:

Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Our engineers have checked your logs and please check the following solution:
1. Log into the router.
2. Navigate to Advanced Setup > DHCP Reservation.
3. Locate DHCP Reservation State.
4. Remove existing DHCP Reservations.
5. Set DHCP Reservation State to Disable.
6. Reboot all Sonos products.

Best,
WiiM Support

I don’t have any Sonos products!
I’m sorry but I can not figure out how to do this and I don’t want to screw up something that works with every other device in my home. I thought I would post on here to see if anyone else is experiencing this aggravating problem and what you did about it. I’m about to send this sucker back to where it came from.
Hi Bigtwist,

I'm sorry you have a problem with WiiM Pro. Please give us a few more days to resolve this issue. It may be related to your router setting since our App communicates with the WiiM Pro device through your local network, which may be different from many mobile or IoT devices you may have. I appreciate your patience!

Back