Convolver for Digital Room Correction and EQ fir filters.

pvog

I would like to see support for convolution with a convolver like BruteFir on the WiiM Pro.
This can be used to load fir filter wav files from full room correction software like drc or Acourate.
But also as an easy way to load more complex eq filters from REW.

This would make WiiM Pro a very capable and cheap solution for full digital room correction.

Oh yes, this would be WONDERFUL!
It would be good to know if this is technically possible with the kind of processing power that is available in the Pro.

Oh yes, this would be WONDERFUL!
It would be good to know if this is technically possible with the kind of processing power that is available in the Pro.
Even many years ago a pc could handle this with ease. So my guess is that a very low-end current cpu should be able to handle this. But only WiiM knows for sure of course.

One option is to leverage the open source implementations used in Safari and Chrome browsers. They, and other modern web browsers, implement this specification: Web Audio API. The C++ source code shows that they both use the same fast, zero-latency algorithm based on partitioning and FFT.

Last edited:
One option is to leverage the open source implementations used in Safari and Chrome browsers. They, and other modern web browsers, implement this specification: Web Audio API. The C++ source code shows that they both use the same fast, zero-latency algorithm based on partitioning and FFT.
Or the open source BruteFIR

I think this would be nice but BruteFIR is not super user-friendly. Being able to upload a Room EQ Wizard output biquad file would make it accessible to a dramatically larger audience.

I also love to see an easy way to handle the room correction with a smartphone via the Wiim app. It will be a game changer for music lovers

I also love to see an easy way to handle the room correction with a smartphone via the Wiim app. It will be a game changer for music lovers
Exactly... HouseCurve (IOS only) gets you halfway there with measurement and EQ filter generation. If you could just share the output file from HC to your WiiM app, we'd be cooking with gas.

This would be a massive deal for me... Filters phase linearisation is the one thing I can't do with the behringer ultradrive im using for crossover and EQ connected to my wiim.

Totally agree. Is anyone able to do this via PC or Mobile in some kind of roundabout way? Roon works, but ideally I wouldn't want to pay for yet another music subscription service. Tried Audirvana, but it's buggy as hell and only worked for about a day. If we could do this via WiiM I would be set.

this via PC or Mobile in some kind of roundabout way
Daphile can do it and LMS has a plugin (squeezedsp?) now that does it fairly readily I think. But yeah it'd be great to do it in the WiiM!

Back