Could the ultra USB be updated via firmware?

TSHRED

Just wondering if a firmware could update the USB port on the Ultra to make it an audio in port for sources like my NVIDIA SHIELD PRO?

I realize it accepts a hard drive with music on it but I'm just wondering if a firmware update could make it even more usable?

Given that that question was posed when the ultra was first mooted where the answer was no, and there’s been no sign of it being implemented or of it even being on the Ultra’s roadmap, it would suggest the answer is that it couldn’t be implemented in firmware alone. I suggest you look at a means of providing optical or analog output from the device from you wish to feed the Ultra.

Given that that question was posed when the ultra was first mooted where the answer was no, and there’s been no sign of it being implemented or of it even being on the Ultra’s roadmap, it would suggest the answer is that it couldn’t be implemented in firmware alone. I suggest you look at a means of providing optical or analog output from the device from you wish to feed the Ultra.
Yes I'm looking at USB to analog DACs right now. Audioquest has some nice ones

Back