creaking sound from inside the Wiim Mini.

Relik

There is a quiet creaking/noise sound coming from inside the Wiim Mini. Have you encountered a similar problem?
Occasionally a single cracking sound can be heard from the speakers.

Submit a ticket to WiiM via the setting/feedback section in the WiiM Home app detailing your issue and when/where you bought the unit.

There is a quiet creaking/noise sound coming from inside the Wiim Mini. Have you encountered a similar problem?
Occasionally a single cracking sound can be heard from the speakers.
Try another AC adapter. I opened my mini and added an extra 1uF filter cab on inputvoltage. Could not see any switched supply inside. Outside I added dual common mode inductors from Murata on 2.5mH with 10uF ceramics in each section and between inductors. Now I can use simple phone chargers. Connected also a SMSL SU-1 via optical cable to the WiiM mini. Sound is very good now.

I bought them at Ebay.

If you have scrapped USB chargers you can open them and pick out their AC input common mode. It seems it is most important to filter supply to DAC if you use coax or optical cable from streamer to DAC. I only bought the parts and built the filters myself. Will try to send one more picture.

If you have a separate ground connection then please add a ceramic 10nF-100nF capacitor from both + and minus lines to that ground. Input at left side. Capacitors should be between common mode and series inductors. One stage should be enough. If you have a ground you probably get 30dB-60dB attenuation. I used two stages because I did not use a separate ground. Testing is knowing. If you do not hear an improvement you do not need the filters. Buy only good brandname AC/ DC adapters. I use e.g Lenovo, Samsung etc with full safety approvals from authorized test houses.

Back