Default on volume for WiiM Ultra

574stereo

The Ultra has replaced a preamp + combination of other sources I used to use. From a functionality point of view it's better than what it's replaced in all but one area - my previous system allowed me to configure a default volume on power-up. I would love to be able to do the same with the Ultra.

Can this be added as a preference?

The Ultra has replaced a preamp + combination of other sources I used to use. From a functionality point of view it's better than what it's replaced in all but one area - my previous system allowed me to configure a default volume on power-up. I would love to be able to do the same with the Ultra.

Can this be added as a preference?

The WiiM does not have the ability to explicitly set a default volume, but it remembers the last used volume for each input.

First, please adjust the volume of each input as you switch between inputs. The next time you switch inputs, the volume should change.

I do think an alternative/preference for those of us who want a default power-on volume would be good. I tend to sometimes wake up first thing in the morning and put on Radio 4 or music and as I live in a house with others and I'm worried I'm going to wake others up at some point.

I do think an alternative/preference for those of us who want a default power-on volume would be good. I tend to sometimes wake up first thing in the morning and put on Radio 4 or music and as I live in a house with others and I'm worried I'm going to wake others up at some point.
Of course, I am not against your proposal. Rather, I am in favor of it. 👍

There have been discussions about this feature for some time and I am sure the support team is looking for a better way to do it.

Please submit a request ticket through the feedback section of the WiiM app. 😃

Back