Device groups

Yes you can group them in the app but you cannot save them. For instance, I have two devices in my living room. I would like to save them so they always work together.

One possible workaround, albeit a bit janky, would be to use the WiiM HTTP API to group your players. You could add a shortcut to your phone's home screen to trigger the grouping, or save a favorite in your phone's or laptop's browser to group them, or invoke via an automation app like Tasker or MacroDroid... You'd just need to open the URL of
https://<sub player IP>/httpapi.asp?command=ConnectMasterAp:JoinGroupMaster:eth<group leader player IP>

Note that since the command requires the IP addresses of the two players, you'll want to make those IP addresses static (so they don't change every time your router reboots or the players reboot). You can do that in the WiiM app in the player setup screen: Network Status > Configure IP > Manual ...

Thanks, I have the ip's handled. The API is a good suggestion. It works now I just have to check off the boxes each time. I would have thought this would be way more requested. I love going from room to room knowing the music will continue. I thought I might have missed something.

I have exactly the same requirement to make the grouping persistent after reboots. I’m trying to recreate a whole home audio distribution to 6 zones and need to group a Wiim mini in the kitchen zone to the Wiim mini connected to the kitchen zone amp just so I can use a Wiim remote control to adjust the volume and skip tracks….which is the way my old Systemline 4.4 system worked.

Just to go into a bit more detail, and I’d be happy for anyone to suggest a better way to do things, the planned setup is 6 WiiM’s connected to 6 zone amp all in a cupboard in the lounge (which is where all the speakers cables come back to) but I want to control a zones volume via a physical remote control from the zone I’m physically listening in…so I was planning to put another Wiim+remote in each of the zones and group back to the appropriate Wiim connected to the zones amp. The theory being that adjusting the volume on Wiim in the kitchen will adjust the volume on the grouped Wiim connected to the amp.

I’d appreciate any alternative way to enable me to adjust volume from a physical remote within the zone. Phones are just not an option as if I start music and leave the room then how does the next person who comes intop the room adjust the volume when they won't have access to my phone.

Final thought…I’d love a Wiim remote that could control a Wiim via wifi, which would solve all the above problems.

Last edited:
Back