Difference between WiFi and Ethernet

Because I am still member of the companies Intranet, our paranoid IT anarchists insist in running always actual routers. May be they have a secret deal with AVM 😉
But back to serious: For security reasons, yes. For "audiophile" reasons: Braunschweig!

Absolutely. Routers are not made for audiophiles. With routers, you tend to get what you pay for.
have you seen the prices of the WiFi 7 routers? 700GBP for the asus ROG one. absolutely ridiculous. like what's in that thing? solid gold heatsink? wtaf? 🤯

tp-link as well is selling their WiFi 7 routers (tri-band) for insanely inflated prices compared to the models in china (admittedly dual-band since 6GHz is not available for public use there atm)...

have you seen the prices of the WiFi 7 routers? 700GBP for the asus ROG one. absolutely ridiculous. like what's in that thing? solid gold heatsink? wtaf? 🤯

tp-link as well is selling their WiFi 7 routers (tri-band) for insanely inflated prices compared to the models in china (admittedly dual-band since 6GHz is not available for public use there atm)...
I have an eero with two range extenders. Haven’t had a dropout in three years. I have weekend guests that do home schooling with Zoom, home office with Citrix, streaming video. Currently about $350 at Amazon.

The rental from the internet provider crapped out with more than half a dozen users.

I don’t know how much you need to spend. It depends on the size and shape of your home, and how many devices you have.

I have an eero with two range extenders. Haven’t had a dropout in three years. I have weekend guests that do home schooling with Zoom, home office with Citrix, streaming video. Currently about $350 at Amazon.

The rental from the internet provider crapped out with more than half a dozen users.

I don’t know how much you need to spend. It depends on the size and shape of your home, and how many devices you have.
yeh, true... my setup on wifi 5 (AC) is working fine but I was just thinking about a router upgrade and hoping to leapfrog Wi-Fi 6/6E entirely and go straight to tri-band Wi-Fi 7 (+ 2.5 GbE) cos a lot of the phones and laptops going forward will support 7.

tri-band (combined with multi-link operation/MLO) is the main draw - just because of so much congestion on 2.4 and 5 GHz bands these days... But I think we're going to have to wait a while for manufacturers (come on AVM!! 😤) to release new models + the prices to come down...

As for using eero or any other garbage crapware that Amazon puts out. No thanks... especially not my bloody router - i'd rather take any internet provider's proprietary router tbh. but imo the best option is a router with solid firmware options - fritz or open source 🤔

that's just a list of open source software that they used to build their closed-source software which they publish as part of their own internal "open source compliance" policies.... the devices themselves are completely locked down.

many people don't understand that their iPhones and stuff wouldn't be possible without open source software. and that the original creators of most of the technological innovations in software rarely get paid for their pioneering work.

it's the biggest deception of silicon valley. just repackage work that others did for free - put your company's name on it - and hey presto! your company's blitzscaling to its first million users and it's valued in the billions 😋

Back