Distortion after approximately 8hrs continuous play.

Coolcarbon

Distortion after approximately 8hrs continuous play. Both my pro+ and my new Ultra does this. I’ve swapped amplifiers, still does it.Any thoughts?

Only remedy is to switch off at the mains, leave a few minutes then reboot.

Submit a ticket to WiiM as soon as it happens so they can look at your device logs. Maybe cache issues, buffering, over heating etc - who knows, but hopefully your logs will have clues.

Distortion after approximately 8hrs continuous play. Both my pro+ and my new Ultra does this. I’ve swapped amplifiers, still does it.Any thoughts?

Is this through their internal DACs and line outputs? What input source?

WiFi is the source, Greatest Hits radio on as background all day…

Using line out to amplification.

WiFi is the source, Greatest Hits radio on as background all day…

Using line out to amplification.
So streamed wifi, internal DAC, analog out. Try a different stream and see if it also happens there. Given problem occurs in 2 different units… I would look at your WiFi link. Perhaps interference.

Probably unrelated, but yesterday the car radio sounded like the power amp was blown on XM.

A bit later, after restarting the car, it was fine. Sunspots?

Hi Collcarbon:

We apologize for the inconvenience. We’ll attempt to reproduce this issue on our end. In the meantime, could you please send us feedback when the issue occurs? It will be very helpful for our investigation. Once we receive your feedback, we’ll review it promptly.

When the issue occurs, can it be temporarily resolved by pausing and then resuming the radio?
Additionally, does the issue consistently occur after approximately 8 hours of continuous playback on Greatest Hits Radio?

Last edited:
Back