DLNA playback limited to 16bits/44khz

ADS

I recorded some of my vinyl with my old Asus D1 in high resolution. (yes, it take time but you can listen in same time you record ;) )
These 24/96 wav files are stored on my dlna server (Serviio).
The dlna server is easily seen by my Wiim mini but all playback, is always 44k.
The transcoding of my dlna server is disabled and the Wiim browser correctly show the right bitrate 24/96 but my dac receive 44 from the Spdif out.
Amazon HD is playing fine in 96.
Any idea to get Wiim play the right bitrate from Spdif from DLNA source?

Hi ADS, WiiM Mini doesn't perform any resampling on the input. Please check if you enable the transcoding with the Serviio server. More information can be found here. If it still doesn't work for you, please send us a feedback with the WiiM Home App so we can take a look at it further. Thank you!

I recorded some of my vinyl with my old Asus D1 in high resolution. (yes, it take time but you can listen in same time you record ;) )
These 24/96 wav files are stored on my dlna server (Serviio).
The dlna server is easily seen by my Wiim mini but all playback, is always 44k.
The transcoding of my dlna server is disabled and the Wiim browser correctly show the right bitrate 24/96 but my dac receive 44 from the Spdif out.
Amazon HD is playing fine in 96.
Any idea to get Wiim play the right bitrate from Spdif from DLNA source?
Question here is how your DAC detects sample rate?
I've raised a ticket recently because I've observed that probably channel status data part of spdif transfer is missing, all bits indicating sampling frequency are zeroed which means 44.1.

For those how get a similar problem. The solution was to update the wav file header with SoX.
sox -r 96k infile.wav outfile.wav
My DAC is now showing 96k.
Thank you onlyoneme and Wiim support for your fast feedback and good suggestions.

Back