Does the room correction stick across devices?

Fralle

For example: If the RC is done on an iOS device, will it then stick if I then stream from an Android device or use the optical in from my TV for that matter?

For example: If the RC is done on an iOS device, will it then stick if I then stream from an Android device or use the optical in from my TV for that matter?
It's stored on the WiiM device, not in the WiiM Home App, so the answer is yes.

Maybe this is a stupid question: But what happens if I use headphones on my integrated amp? There is really no way for the Wiim to know that so I'm guessing the room correction EQ will then be used for the headphones if I don't toggle the switch right?

A wise man once said: "There is really no way for the Wiim to know that ...", like 5 minutes ago. And he was right.

It seems like many users here actually use PEQ with their headphones as well. But since the streamer really can't tell, you have to switch (or disable) the EQ setting manually, indeed.

Maybe this is a stupid question: But what happens if I use headphones on my integrated amp? There is really no way for the Wiim to know that so I'm guessing the room correction EQ will then be used for the headphones if I don't toggle the switch right?

The room correction settings appear under PEQ. I have saved and renamed 6 room corrections, B&K, Harman and Flat, all with and without my sub in play.

I have also save PEQ settings for my Sennheiser headphones and Etymotic earbuds.

I simply go into PEQ settings and select whatever I'm listening to.

Back