Enhanced Room Correction is Here!

The primary difference lies in performance between the 20-50Hz bass range and frequencies above 16kHz. The updated Room Correction provides better measurement of the room's transfer function, leading to more accurate calibration. This is especially beneficial if you're using subwoofers or speakers with strong bass in those rooms. Additionally, the new Room Correction improves treble adjustment, making it more effective for those looking to fine-tune higher frequencies.

And for those who love spoilers:

We're also working on a couple more things for Room Correction for the future:
1. Integrating independent PEQ Room Correction with subwoofer, enabling automatic level matching between the main speakers and the subwoofer.
2. Enhancing Room Correction by using multiple measurements at one spot to eliminate environmental noise.
Great!

Hey Wiimer,
This is exactly an approach I am considering using. How are you setting and fixing the relative levels between the mains (Ultra) and the sub (Pro)? Adjusting pre-gain by ear? I assume you are happy with the results?
Hi @Hazenhart,

I have adjusted other settings so that the Ultra and Pro volume bars match.
1000001440.jpg

Specifically, for Ultra, I only used volume limit. I did not use pre-gain.

I had a little trouble adjusting the volume on the Pro and the sub; I adjusted the volume knobs to balance the two subs and adjusted the low pass on each channel while measuring the microphones. After roughly adjusting with the sub's built-in low pass, I used the L/R PEQ.

Finally, I fine-tune the sound with my ears. I may also adjust the volume of the sub (Pro) according to my physical condition and volume that day.

Post #32 curve is with the two subs. (Crossover is 120Hz.)

I feel that my musical experience has never been better with the two subs. I am very happy with the current results, but I think there is room for it to get even better with some adjustments. 😄

To those with iPhone, I’m getting erratic rc. Using bottom mic it only compensate below 4k. Using the back mic where the camera I get wide range to 16 to 18khz. Does anyone getting this?

I do not see why this should make a difference? Is it dependent where the tweeter is located?
The tweeter is at ear level. Both dome and ring radiator get roll off but raising the phone higher I get flat response with compensation on treble range. Phone pointing between the speaker at ear level would get reading rolling off at 4k but not so above my head. This was measured on iPhone 16 pro max. I also tried older iPhone 13 and was same thing.

This sounds mad but I changed the correction range to 30-400Hz, lowered the crossover to 70Hz and boosted the sub to +15dB (previously it was +5dB) and the result was this. I'll leave it like that for a while and see how I like it.
Screenshot_20241022-233731.png

This sounds mad but I changed the correction range to 30-400Hz, lowered the crossover to 70Hz and boosted the sub to +15dB (previously it was +5dB) and the result was this. I'll leave it like that for a while and see how I like it.
View attachment 13204
If you do full 20 to 20k with the right height the way you held your phone you will get nice flat response.

If you do full 20 to 20k with the right height the way you held your phone you will get nice flat response.
I will try that as an alternative but it sounds pretty good just correcting up to 400Hz. But of course the iMM6 microphone will be inaccurate above 4kHz.

Thanks for your constant efforts! I ABd the old and the new and subjectively the new is much better. The old one had a bit of boominess to it that the new one dispenses with. Both are far better than without RC.

Back