Feature requests from a Pro newbie

Clem_Dye

As I slowly get to grips with my new WiiM Pro, I realise that like all things in life, nothing is perfect. As such, I'd like to offer the following suggestions for product enhancements.

1) Add a coaxial digital input terminal and/or offer a converter
Those us that would like to use Blu-Ray/DVD players as (CD) transports are pretty much stymied, because all modern devices only have a coaxial digital out connection, so can't be digitally connected to the Pro. A future update should add a coax digital input. As an interim workaround, perhaps WiiM could produce a decent quality coax to optical converter, or as a minimum, recommend a suitable device known to work reliably with a minimum audio footprint.

2) Firmware updates
I prefer not to have my devices automatically update when manufacturers release new code, waiting at least 7-10 days to allow the dust to settle. As such, the Pro should be updated such that the user can opt out of automatic updates, but be notified when new code is released, allowing them to manually install the new firmware as and when they see fit. WiiM's current workaround is to add customer devices to its 'blacklist', which excludes them from all future updates. This then requires the customer to contact the company in order to have their devices removed from the list before any further firmware updates can be applied. Way too cumbersome.

3) Stick-on feet
I think that WiiM should include some stick-on rubber/neoprene feet with the Pro. I've stuck on a set of four rubber feet (Amazon/eBay) to the base of my Pro which help stop it doing its own thing when cables are connected to it, and should also help a little with airflow if stacked on top of other kit.

Last edited:
Back