"Features we're thinking about"

ccristal

Hi!
I am very interested in the following two features, but they've been pending for a long time:
  • Multiroom of Hi-Res audio.
  • Play Music From Personal Cloud Storage: Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, etc.
Are there any updates on either of them?

Thank you!

Given the roadmap was updated only a couple of weeks ago and they’re still in that category, I’d say they are still some time away.

Can’t you use another app like BubbleUPNP on Android, or mConnect on iOS to play cloud storage resources to the WiiM in the interim?

I’m very much in the school of using the best available app to play to my WiiM rather than expecting WiiM Home to be the ultimate universal app that does it all…

Ok, that solves one scenario. But, I have to say, I'm not impressed by the lack of support of multi-room Hi-Res audio. Wiim devices are brilliant, multi-room and Hi-Res are the two pillars of their strategy, it's just a shame that they don't work together...

Ok, that solves one scenario. But, I have to say, I'm not impressed by the lack of support of multi-room Hi-Res audio. Wiim devices are brilliant, multi-room and Hi-Res are the two pillars of their strategy, it's just a shame that they don't work together...
I hear what you say, but there’s also a school of thought that says multi room listening by its very nature is casual so 24/48 should be sufficient, while higher resolutions are more suited to serious, sit down listening in one location. And that’s not even getting near any argument about whether you could really hear the difference anyway 😜🤣

...and I would be perfectly ok with that argument, if it was confirmed that a Hi-Res steam doesn't get downsampled on the Master device, but only on the satellites. Is that the case? In other words, do I have to unlink the satellites in order to get Hi-Res from the master (assuming the source is indeed Hi-Res)?

Last edited:
...and I would be perfectly ok with that argument, if it was confirmed that a Hi-Res steam doesn't get downsampled on the Master device, but only on the satellites. Is that the case?
No, I'd think it plays the same resolution on all devices.

On the plus side, WiiM haven't discounted the possibility of hi res multi room...

In any case, I guess that would depend on the Linkplay chip on the satellites. I have 2x Audio Pro C3s as the satellites, and they mount an old-gen A28 chipset, I can't see a firmware update being issued for those to support this feature...

Hi!
I am very interested in the following two features, but they've been pending for a long time:
  • Multiroom of Hi-Res audio.
  • Play Music From Personal Cloud Storage: Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, etc.
Are there any updates on either of them?

Thank you!
Thinking meaning no guarantees. Let say I’m thinking I want to listen tomorrow but change my mind.

Back