FW version 4.8.532.836 new today, anybody catch the rocket?

joffy1780

Major Contributor
Just installed new firmware as title, but missed the rocket. Any ideas what has been updated?

I have a pro and was updated just yesterday. What the rocket said is the same of the Pro+ update. Just one thing. Weird isn't enough.
I would like to know what Point1 does it mean. 🤔 🤔
Can we stream music in a more or less smooth way?🤔 I thought there was only one way being bit-perfect.
So, what does mean that misterious point1?
Someone could explain it to me?
Many thanks

I have a pro and was updated just yesterday. What the rocket said is the same of the Pro+ update. Just one thing. Weird isn't enough.
I would like to know what Point1 does it mean. 🤔 🤔
Can we stream music in a more or less smooth way?🤔 I thought there was only one way being bit-perfect.
So, what does mean that misterious point1?
Someone could explain it to me?
Many thanks
I interpreted it this way.

"Pro (and Pro plus) is now able to play 24/192 more stably thanks to memory optimization, meaning you won't have any more music interruptions!
(Warning: This update does not improve audio quality 😂)"

Yes, only the WiiM team knows the truth. 😉

Maybe 24/192 has reduced the waiting time to start playback !?
I haven't tested it yet, though.

"Pro (and Pro plus) is now able to play 24/192 more stably thanks to memory optimization, meaning you won't have any more music interruptions!

Hi @Wiimer
Thanks for your reply, and I agree Only WiiM team knows the truth 😂 😂😂
You are a myth ;)
Take care and... good listenings

My wiim was flashing it's led and couldn't reach it, turned out it was updating.

Here is the update I received yesterday morning and this is the Beta Test received this morning

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-19-08-16-38-70_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-19-08-16-38-70_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2023-10-20-09-15-47-59_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-20-09-15-47-59_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 37

I interpret it as WiiM fixing something that Amazon was too lazy or incompetent to do.

Hi Team,

About the memory optimization for Amazon Music's 192k/24-bit streaming, the update specifically enhances performance when playing these high-resolution tracks over an extended period, particularly if you have the EQ feature enabled. This is even more relevant for WiiM Mini users due to its limited memory.

To optimize memory usage on the WiiM Mini, we're adding the option to disable features like Alexa multiroom or TIDAL Connect from within the WiiM Home App, freeing up additional memory for a smoother 192k/24-bit Amazon Music HD experience. We're open to any further suggestions you may have. Thank you!

Hi Team,

About the memory optimization for Amazon Music's 192k/24-bit streaming, the update specifically enhances performance when playing these high-resolution tracks over an extended period, particularly if you have the EQ feature enabled. This is even more relevant for WiiM Mini users due to its limited memory.

To optimize memory usage on the WiiM Mini, we're adding the option to disable features like Alexa multiroom or TIDAL Connect from within the WiiM Home App, freeing up additional memory for a smoother 192k/24-bit Amazon Music HD experience. We're open to any further suggestions you may have. Thank you!
your eq-peq mode is certainly not in 192/24... it is therefore stupid in the case of its use to go for a streaming at a bit rate higher than its working mode **... the question was also asked to you to know what is the resolution etc of your eq or peq modes...no response...
(48k/24?)

on the other hand, it's already stupid without it, it means going to HD in audio and therefore endorsing it..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Team,

Can you tell us a little more about performance improvements?

Is EQ's sound quality better than before?
Or will the playback be stable?

Hi Team,

Dare I ask if this option to disable Alexa multi room or Tidal Connect to free up memory will allow inclusion of the Squeezelite client e.g. could the app have a Squeezelite section which when enabled disabled the two aforementioned features and vice versa?

Dare I ask if this option to disable Alexa multi room or Tidal Connect to free up memory will allow inclusion of the Squeezelite client e.g. could the app have a Squeezelite section which when enabled disabled the two aforementioned features and vice versa?
You'll be asking for Roon next.. :ROFLMAO:

I had already disabled all services that I didn’t use in previous versions of wiim app / firmware . How is disabling services a new feature ? @WiiM Team

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpeg
    IMG_1242.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 14
Back