FW version 4.8.532.836 new today, anybody catch the rocket?

I had already disabled all services that I didn’t use in previous versions of wiim app / firmware . How is disabling services a new feature ? @WiiM Team
My view of what you’re currently doing there is merely suppressing items from the Browse page menu - for example I could have Tidal on view even though I hadn’t linked thru to a Tidal account in order to use it.

What I guess WiiM are suggesting doing is suppressing certain features that use a fixed amount of buffer memory that’s currently reserved for the aforementioned services and making that available for other purposes. To a degree, the services they mention should really be mutually exclusive so I could see an argument that such buffer memory should already be available to whichever feature needs it at the time it needs it and not dedicated to just one feature. However, if they could make use of a shared buffer, I’d see that as an internal change that they wouldn’t really need to tell us about…

Plus my suggestion above re Squeezelite is a little tongue in cheek - reserving space for buffers etc isn’t necessarily the same as using that space for code…

Can you tell us a little more about performance improvements?

Is EQ's sound quality better than before?
Or will the playback be stable?
The playback for 192k/24-bit will be more stable on the WiiM Mini.

My view of what you’re currently doing there is merely suppressing items from the Browse page menu - for example I could have Tidal on view even though I hadn’t linked thru to a Tidal account in order to use it.

What I guess WiiM are suggesting doing is suppressing certain features that use a fixed amount of buffer memory that’s currently reserved for the aforementioned services and making that available for other purposes. To a degree, the services they mention should really be mutually exclusive so I could see an argument that such buffer memory should already be available to whichever feature needs it at the time it needs it and not dedicated to just one feature. However, if they could make use of a shared buffer, I’d see that as an internal change that they wouldn’t really need to tell us about…

Plus my suggestion above re Squeezelite is a little tongue in cheek - reserving space for buffers etc isn’t necessarily the same as using that space for code…
Hi Brantome,

TIDAL Connect comes activated out-of-the-box on the device. For it to appear in the TIDAL App, the service must be initiated to allocate the necessary memory. My apologies if mentioning this here has led to more questions than answers; that wasn't my intent. Thank you!

Hi Brantome,

TIDAL Connect comes activated out-of-the-box on the device. For it to appear in the TIDAL App, the service must be initiated to allocate the necessary memory. My apologies if mentioning this here has led to more questions than answers; that wasn't my intent. Thank you!
Thanks - you should know that giving users here a peek under the hood only encourages them to take the car apart 🤣🤣

Thanks - you should know that giving users here a peek under the hood only encourages them to take the car apart 🤣🤣
this expression is pretty... ;-)
afterwards there is a French expression of the famous, in all circumstances , "to move around there is nothing to see" ( " circuler, il y a rien a voir") which also has many limits ;-)

I had already disabled all services that I didn’t use in previous versions of wiim app / firmware . How is disabling services a new feature ? @WiiM Team
Hi steadyshot,

Currently, features like TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect come enabled by default on the device. However, we'll be providing an option to deactivate these services if you don't require them.

Hi steadyshot,

Currently, features like TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect come enabled by default on the device. However, we'll be providing an option to deactivate these services if you don't require them.
Given I only use UPnP on my Pro, will this enable me to deactivate all the other interfaces, and will that stop all the broadcasts too (apart from those necessary for the app obviously)?

Hi steadyshot,

Thanks for your answer .

Of course later I can start using Spotify supremium or tidal connect . I like the concept of optimising the memory/cpu usage so only those services/processes that are absolutely necessary for a given choice of streaming service are enabled .

Last edited:
Given I only use UPnP on my Pro, will this enable me to deactivate all the other interfaces, and will that stop all the broadcasts too (apart from those necessary for the app obviously)?
Hi Simbun,

As of now, we offer the ability to turn off TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect. We're open to adding options for disabling other services if there's a need for it.

Hi Simbun,

As of now, we offer the ability to turn off TIDAL Connect and Spotify Connect. We're open to adding options for disabling other services if there's a need for it.
The 'need' will depend on how disabling affects the system, and I'd think we'd need you to tell us what is sensible here rather than us suggest options.
Naively, many probably think that merely disabling an entry in the music services screen effectively does this, although that's an app setting, not a device setting.

Hi Simbun,

I don't know how chatty the other protocols are (it may be that everything else apart from squeezelite is contained within a single mDNS broadcast) , but I know each UPnP device broadcasts 3 alive packets every 8 minutes (the average I saw when logging various servers/renderers), so if there's any way to reduce this unnecessary network traffic it can only be a good thing.

Back