Galaxy tab 8

infinityrsiib

Dose wiim pro airplay work wireless with GALAXY TAB 8 .cable works but not finding wireless connection. Tried everything. AND ISNT THIER A # TO CALL THATS BAD BUISNESS NOT HAVING N IF I NEW NEVER WOULD OF GOT THIS ITEM

Dose wiim pro airplay work wireless with GALAXY TAB 8 .cable works but not finding wireless connection. Tried everything. AND ISNT THIER A # TO CALL THATS BAD BUISNESS NOT HAVING N IF I NEW NEVER WOULD OF GOT THIS ITEM
I'm pretty sure (apple) airplay and android don't play nicely together...
Maybe describe what you're trying to play / cast and we can suggest an alternative.

So what your saying is WIIM PRO AIRPLAY 2 IS FOR APPLE ONLY .IF SO DOSE WIIM MAKE A PRODUCT THAT WORKS WITH ANDROID.LIKE WIIM PRO PLUS OR BOTH THE SAME IM A NOBIS WITH SOME COMPUTER STUFF ANY INFO APRICIATED .

So what your saying is WIIM PRO AIRPLAY 2 IS FOR APPLE ONLY .IF SO DOSE WIIM MAKE A PRODUCT THAT WORKS WITH ANDROID.LIKE WIIM PRO PLUS OR BOTH THE SAME IM A NOBIS WITH SOME COMPUTER STUFF ANY INFO APRICIATED .
Airplay is, essentially, apple only.
Plenty of other options to play via android.
What do you want to play?
Files on your tablet? Spotify? Tidal? Qobuz? Deezer? Files on a hard disk?
The list goes on...
Give us something to work with!!

I KINDA A NOBIS WHEN IT COMES TO THIS IM NOT A COMP GEEK I want to go wireless.LOOK WHAT I DONT GET IS WHY THE CABLE I GOT WORKS BUT NOT WIERLESS IM CLUELESS what your taking about your endless list .dose it have YOU TUBE CAUSE THATS ALL I USE.. BUT IF THIS WIIM IS ONLY APPLE YOUR TELLING ME. IS THIER A CHEAP APPLE TABLE YOU RECOMMEND. OR DO YOU GOT A # TO CALL .or wear just going to go around and around do to im clueless. So let me know if thiers away to go you tube wireless or a APPLE tablet you recommended. Cause my freinds apple cell did go wireless but I prefer a tablet. Can you support something

I KINDA A NOBIS WHEN IT COMES TO THIS IM NOT A COMP GEEK I want to go wireless.LOOK WHAT I DONT GET IS WHY THE CABLE I GOT WORKS BUT NOT WIERLESS IM CLUELESS what your taking about your endless list .dose it have YOU TUBE CAUSE THATS ALL I USE.. BUT IF THIS WIIM IS ONLY APPLE YOUR TELLING ME. IS THIER A CHEAP APPLE TABLE YOU RECOMMEND. OR DO YOU GOT A # TO CALL .or wear just going to go around and around do to im clueless. So let me know if thiers away to go you tube wireless or a APPLE tablet you recommended. Cause my freinds apple cell did go wireless but I prefer a tablet. Can you support something
I'm assuming Youtube music, in which case I'm pretty sure you can Chromecast to the pro.
Did you enable chromecast when you set it up? If not, you can go to the Device screen in the wiim app, press the 'cog' icon next to the wiim device, scroll down to Chromecast audio and enable it there.

You may find that you then need to open the Google Home app and add the wiim to a room.
Hopefully you'll then find the wiim as a chromecast device in youtube music.

Whats chromecast . I remember I had this round disk that I would plug into the TV. Is that part of it .to much I'm sure it's not going to work my freind is pretty good about this comp WE TRYIED FOR HRSSSSS EVEN BLUETOOTH. DO YOU GOT A # IF NOT SAY SO.THIS IS NOT WORKING..DO YOU RECOMMEND A APPLE TABLET. LIKE I SAID BEFORE MY FREINDS APPLE CELL HOOK RIGHT UP

No, I don't have a phone number for you.
Did you try to enable chromecast as I described?
Any app that allows you to cast music to a chromecast device will then allow you to cast to the wiim pro, as it has chromecast built in.
Youtube music is owned by Google, I think, so it ought to work with google cast...

As for the Apple tablet question, I don't believe there's any specific reason to use apple over android unless you want to use airplay.
I don't have apple devices, so I'm sure someone else will correct me as necessary.

No, I don't have a phone number for you.
Did you try to enable chromecast as I described?
Any app that allows you to cast music to a chromecast device will then allow you to cast to the wiim pro, as it has chromecast built in.
Youtube music is owned by Google, I think, so it ought to work with google cast...

As for the Apple tablet question, I don't believe there's any specific reason to use apple over android unless you want to use airplay.
I don't have apple devices, so I'm sure someone HELPING THIelse will correct me as necessary.
TOUCHDOWN WITH YOUR HELP N I STUBELING WEAR ROCKING N ROLLING. NEXT WEAR GOING TO HOOK IT UP TO TV .EVEN MY PEROT IS HAPPY THANKS FORM THIS GRUMPY OLD PIRATE

Attachments

• 20231021_111210.jpg
    20231021_111210.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • original_16e38c91-54c0-474a-b8c0-b1b41d24ea97_IMG_20230812_085139859.jpg
    original_16e38c91-54c0-474a-b8c0-b1b41d24ea97_IMG_20230812_085139859.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Airplay is, essentially, apple only.
I haven't tried enabling it, but the WiiM home Android app shows my two Marantz Airplay-compatible receivers (SR7011 and SR8015), so I believe AirPlay can work on Android too.

I haven't tried enabling it, but the WiiM home Android app shows my two Marantz Airplay-compatible receivers (SR7011 and SR8015), so I believe AirPlay can work on Android too.
Android does not support Airplay natively, so unless you've installed an app for Airplay what you're seeing is some other option on the receivers, possibly for AlexaCast or Chromecast.

Android does not support Airplay natively, so unless you've installed an app for Airplay what you're seeing is some other option on the receivers, possibly for AlexaCast or Chromecast.
The Android OS itself does not support Airplay, but the WiiM app on Android sure does ! Airplay is just another network protocol based on TCP/IP.
My Marantz SR7011 is a 2016 model that does not support AlexaCast or Chromecast. It supports DLNA and AirPlay.

In the WiiM Android app, go to Device / Audio Output . There is an "Airplay receiver" option there. I press "Connect".
It lists my two Marantz AVRs under the heading : AirPlay or AirPlay2 speakers.

Back