Graduating from WiiM mini airplay to Ultra, need some help

sdavidb

Hi - I've been using two mini airplays connected to big party speakers and love the system. Picked up 6 in ceiling speakers and am on the hunt for 4 outdoor speakers for my home music setup and plan on making a four zone system in my home. Can someone confirm I'm good with the system I'm planning?

The speakers are Sonance VP62R passive, 125 Watt, 8 Ohm speakers that I'll have on two zones. The speakers are on the first floor of my house, the speaker cables terminate in the basement. If I get two of the Ultras, is that all I need? If I'm connecting in the basement, can I still turn everything on using the app or will I have to go the basement to turn them on? I use and Iphone and my macbook air to stream spotify. When I use Youtube on either of them I'm able to connect to the airplay using bluetooth. Will I still be able to do that with the Ultra? Even if the device and the Ultra are about 50 feet away and the Ultra lives in the basement?

Thank you to whoever answers!

Dave

Hi, its important to remember that the Ultra no longer supports airplay, so if this protocol is important for you, then stick with the minis or upgrade to a Pro or Pro Plus that still support airplay but also include chrome cast as well. Regarding the number of streamers that will depend on how your passive speakers are are connected to the Amplification system.

Hi - I've been using two mini airplays connected to big party speakers and love the system. Picked up 6 in ceiling speakers and am on the hunt for 4 outdoor speakers for my home music setup and plan on making a four zone system in my home. Can someone confirm I'm good with the system I'm planning?

The speakers are Sonance VP62R passive, 125 Watt, 8 Ohm speakers that I'll have on two zones. The speakers are on the first floor of my house, the speaker cables terminate in the basement. If I get two of the Ultras, is that all I need? If I'm connecting in the basement, can I still turn everything on using the app or will I have to go the basement to turn them on? I use and Iphone and my macbook air to stream spotify. When I use Youtube on either of them I'm able to connect to the airplay using bluetooth. Will I still be able to do that with the Ultra? Even if the device and the Ultra are about 50 feet away and the Ultra lives in the basement?

Thank you to whoever answers!

Dave
The 50 ft distance could be a problem - it'll be a case of suck it and see 😊

Back