Grouping/linking wiim amps

zach s

Hi
I have recently purchased three wiim amps.All are on a wifi connection. I have three sets of passive speakers in three different areas of the house.
I'm trying to link them but getting no sound on the added wiim. It shows it's linked,the eq is moving in both and the group sound control moves both volumes but I get no sound on the added unit?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

What’s your audio source and how are you playing it, and how have you linked the amps?
I use spotify through the wiim app.when in wiim app I have gone to devices and hit link.
I have only two running at this point. Trying to figure this out before adding the third.
Both are on the LR setting which is beside the gear /settings icon on the link page.

Now all of a sudden when I chrome cast straight through spotify I get both?

I use spotify through the wiim app.when in wiim app I have gone to devices and hit link.
I have only two running at this point. Trying to figure this out before adding the third.
Both are on the LR setting which is beside the gear /settings icon on the link page.

Now all of a sudden when I chrome cast straight through spotify I get both?
When two WiiM amps are linked, the device name of the group changes to "Master device name +1". For example, if the name of the master device is "WiiM amp", it will become "WiiM amp +1".

Please look for this name in the device connection screen of the Spotify app to connect.

Thanks for getting back
I have the third wiim running now. The master beige family room +2. But I have no sound on the other two?

1000007981.jpg

I use spotify through the wiim app.
Actually, you cannot use Spotify through the WiiM Home App like you can e.g. do with Tidal, Qobuz or Deezer.

You use the WiiM Home App to link WiiM devices to a group (with one device being the master or host and the other ones being group members. Using the Spotify app you would then point it towards the named group of WiiM devices instead of a single WiiM device.

But ...
Thanks for getting back
I have the third wiim running now. The master beige family room +2. But I have no sound on the other two?

View attachment 12956
... this screenshot looks to me like you're not using Spotify Connect but Google Cast (sometimes also called Chromecast) instead. In that case you would need to build a Google Cast group in the Google Home App you could cast to.

However, there's no advantage in doing so.

In Spotify, after tapping the loudspeaker icon hit the three dot menu to the right of any device. Select Spotify Connect instead of Google Cast. Next, make sure you have linked a WiiM group in the WiiM Home App and look for the name of that WiiM group in Spotify.

Last edited:
So I tried what you said.
Here is what wiim is showing re my group. But when I go to spotify I see them but individualy not the group? So is this group not being seen by spotify?

Attachments

• 1000007983.jpg
    1000007983.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 7
So I tried what you said.
Here is what wiim is showing re my group. But when I go to spotify I see them but individualy not the group? So is this group not being seen by spotify?
You are now connected to the "family room" via GoogleCast. In this case, only the master device will play sound.

1. in the Spotify app, tap "forget device" to disconnect.
2. Restart the Spotify app.
3. Open "Connect devices" in the Spotify app.
4. If you cannot find "Family room +2", connect to "Family room" with Spotify connect. (If you connect to GoogleCast here, you will be back to where you started...)

Tap the "Family room" three-dot icon on the "Connect devices" screen of the Spotify app.
1000006691.jpg

Select Spotify connect.
1000006693.jpg

After starting playback, this icon will appear on the playback screen of the WiiM home app.
1000006695.jpg

(Next time)
If the Spotify app shows two identical devices, connect the one that does not have the "Google Cast" symbol.
1000006697.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
Also when playing thru LMS same thing... no sound on the linked player.
I use a 2nd player to make the subwoofer wireless but same experience on LMS. Subwoofer silent.....
FYI

Back