Hook up wiim pro to marantz sr 6013

havinthangs

I am a novice regarding streamers. Could you please advise me on the proper way to connect the Wiim Pro to what RCA of a Marantz SR 6013? To which input on the Marantz should the Wiim be connected? I currently have it connected through the CD input, but I have been informed that this is incorrect and that I should instead use the line in input on the Marantz. However, as you can see from the image of the back panel of my Marantz, there is no line in input. There is a line in on the front of marantz next to the phono input.

Additionally, I would like to utilize the DAC on the Wiim rather than the DAC in the Marantz. This is because Marantz and Denon AVRs have a maximum output of 16-bit/44.1kHz (CD quality), whereas I have a Tidal subscription and desire the highest possible audio quality. This is the primary reason for my purchase of the Wiim.
Thank you ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_083129_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_083129_Google.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20240819_083129_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_083129_Google.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
I am a novice regarding streamers. Could you please advise me on the proper way to connect the Wiim Pro to what RCA of a Marantz SR 6013? To which input on the Marantz should the Wiim be connected? I currently have it connected through the CD input, but I have been informed that this is incorrect and that I should instead use the line in input on the Marantz. However, as you can see from the image of the back panel of my Marantz, there is no line in input. There is a line in on the front of marantz next to the phono input.

Additionally, I would like to utilize the DAC on the Wiim rather than the DAC in the Marantz. This is because Marantz and Denon AVRs have a maximum output of 16-bit/44.1kHz (CD quality), whereas I have a Tidal subscription and desire the highest possible audio quality. This is the primary reason for my purchase of the Wiim.
Thank you ...
Who told you the CD input was incorrect? It's fine.

From your pro to your amp via optical cable,, that's the way I've my setup connected,,

Hey, who told you the CD input was wrong? It works fine.

Some guy on the avs forum.

Cool, thanks. So, does that mean the Wiim's DAC is being used? You seem to know your stuff, so I've got another question. I'm thinking of getting the Ultra, and it has an HDMI output. Can I just use an HDMI cable to connect it to my Marantz instead of using RCA cables? Or is that HDMI port only for sending a picture to the TV? I have a 7.4.4 home theater setup, so it would be great if I could just use an HDMI cable and be done with it.

I don't know what DAC is in that Marantz, but it's not that old. Sure it can't play hi-def files, or do you mean it just outputs everything at 16/44?

. I'm thinking of getting the Ultra, and it has an HDMI output. Can I just use an HDMI cable to connect it to my Marantz instead of using RCA cables? Or is that HDMI port only for sending a picture to the TV? I have a 7.4.4 home theater setup, so it would be great if I could just use an HDMI cable and be done with it.

The HDMI on the WiiM is an ARC connector for audio input; it cannot be connected to the HDMI input on the AVR. You can connect to the ARC of a TV and playback all audio output from the TV on the WiiM.

I don't know what DAC is in that Marantz, but it's not that old. Surely it can't play hi-def files, or do you mean it just outputs everything at 16/44?

Yes, from what I've read, that's what the DAC is capable of on the Marantz—just CD quality. I've looked everywhere to see what DAC is actually in it, but I can't find that information. So that's why I bought the Wiim Pro a few months back because I have Tidal HiFi Plus and obviously want the best bit rate I can get. So with the Wiim and Tidal Connect and using the DAC on the Wiim, I should get that, hopefully.

The HDMI on the WiiM is an ARC connector for audio input; it cannot be connected to the HDMI input on the AVR. You can connect to the ARC of a TV and playback all audio output from the TV on the WiiM.
I see .. ok thank you for that information I appreciate it !

I don't know what DAC is in that Marantz, but it's not that old. Sure it can't play hi-def files, or do you mean it just outputs everything at 16/44?
Dac chip is just part of the equation. The implementation is the most important. Look rme using generation behind dac chip but outperform even the top end dac chip available today.

The problem on that most avr will digitalize analog input thus defeat the use of ultra dac. He can use the 7.1 input those are not digitalize. The marantz will act just an amp to drive speakers.
You no what I think you maybe right on that. I think I seen that some where on the avs forum. I think the only way around it was pure & pure direct mode . 🤦‍♂️the 7.1 rca inputs ypu mentioned are already utilized as I have all emovitva xpa gen 2 amps running the whole 7.4.4 system. Shit for all this I could of just kept using my new laptop smh...

You no what I think you maybe right on that. I think I seen that some where on the avs forum. I think the only way around it was pure & pure direct mode . 🤦‍♂️the 7.1 rca inputs ypu mentioned are already utilized as I have all emovitva xpa gen 2 amps running the whole 7.4.4 system. Shit for all this I could of just kept using my new laptop smh...
Pure direct does not guarantee adc will be bypass. Get audio switcher from Amazon so you can switch between your AVR and ultra.

But still uses the ADC?
Interestingly, asking Gemini gives different answers depending on the brand; Marantz's Analog-in Pure Direct mode avoids ADC, while Yamaha does not.

However, Marantz's AVR has the ability to use a subwoofer even when in direct mode. I am not sure what the signal path is in this case.

Back