How many Wiim amps do I need?

jonamafun

Hi all - I'm currently building a new house and planning my multiroom audio.

I'm planning to have the following:

Kitchen - 2 x Focal 300 ICW 8
Outdoor kitchen - 2 x Focal 300 ICW 8
Outdoor lawn - 2 x Focal 100 OD8
Outdoor pool - 2 x Focal 100 OD8

I'd likely get 1 x WiiM Amp for the Kitchen and another 1 x WiiM Amp for the Outdoor kitchen - mainly to maintain independence.

From my understanding, in theory I could power say the 4 lawn and pool speakers with one WiiM Amp since they're 8 ohm nominal. But would that be significantly underpowering the speakers? Should I get 2 separate amps?

Alternatively, should I get a totally different amp solution? The thing I like about sticking with the WiiM amps is having volume control all in the one app.

Hi all - I'm currently building a new house and planning my multiroom audio.

I'm planning to have the following:

Kitchen - 2 x Focal 300 ICW 8
Outdoor kitchen - 2 x Focal 300 ICW 8
Outdoor lawn - 2 x Focal 100 OD8
Outdoor pool - 2 x Focal 100 OD8

I'd likely get 1 x WiiM Amp for the Kitchen and another 1 x WiiM Amp for the Outdoor kitchen - mainly to maintain independence.

From my understanding, in theory I could power say the 4 lawn and pool speakers with one WiiM Amp since they're 8 ohm nominal. But would that be significantly underpowering the speakers? Should I get 2 separate amps?

Alternatively, should I get a totally different amp solution? The thing I like about sticking with the WiiM amps is having volume control all in the one app.
Someone may be familiar with your selected speakers and whether they’ll be underpowered on as single Amp. I’ve put two rooms on the one Amp with Polk RC60 in ceiling and it’s fine. Why not just try it and if you feel they’re underpowered add another Amp later. If you’re bringing the cables to the same location it’ll take moments to add.

Back