How to connect to my NAS?

Beemer

I have connected my WiiM Pro today using Ethernet. The test file plays fine over optical. I want to access the music files on my ethernet connected NAS. I don't see anything in the WiiM manual to help me with this.

Hang on. Depends on make of NAS.
Some have their own media server which may work if you simply enable it.
Others may have apps/packages/plugins of some media servers that you can easily install

Hang on. Depends on make of NAS.
Some have their own media server which may work if you simply enable it.
Others may have apps/packages/plugins of some media servers that you can easily install
I'll try PLEX which at one point did not work well with QNAP NAS

Plex would be a good option if your QNAP has an x86 processor, else you may not have enough processing power. I run Plex server on my QNAP and I store all of my music (500+ albums) and movies on it. With that said, no matter what server you end up going with, the WiiM app does not have the best interface and playlists are local to the device (phone, tablet) that you are using, thus you'll see a lot of suggestions to use apps such as BubbleUPnP or Plexamp. I did initially use the WiiM App, but have now switched to Plexamp and cast via Chromecast. It works great for my needs, but I'm also bought into the Plex ecosystem.

Plex would be a good option if your QNAP has an x86 processor, else you may not have enough processing power. I run Plex server on my QNAP and I store all of my music (500+ albums) and movies on it. With that said, no matter what server you end up going with, the WiiM app does not have the best interface and playlists are local to the device (phone, tablet) that you are using, thus you'll see a lot of suggestions to use apps such as BubbleUPnP or Plexamp. I did initially use the WiiM App, but have now switched to Plexamp and cast via Chromecast. It works great for my needs, but I'm also bought into the Plex ecosystem.
Assuming most people won't be happy relying on Chromecast (I don't think Plexamp can connect to UPnP, bizarrely), using Plex purely as a DLNA server is massive overkill, both on resources and complexity.

Agree with you on BubbleUPnP though, and when coupled with MinimServer you can (with a little manipulation) export the playlists created in BubbleUPnP and host them in MinimServer, making them available to all control points.

Back