How to forget a previous wifi connection

mar.rem

Is there a way to make Wiim pro plus forget a previous wifi connection without factory resetting. Whenever I reset my new wifi network the wiim connects automatically to the old wifi network and I have to do the press play and add device routine all over again to reconnect to new wifi network. Thanks.

Is there a way to make Wiim pro plus forget a previous wifi connection without factory resetting.
No way I'm aware of.

... I have to do the press play and add device routine all over again to reconnect to new wifi network.
Which procedure exactly are you refering to? You can press the play button for three seconds to enter setup mode and connect the Pro Plus to the same network your phone (running the WiiM Home App) is connected to, following the instructions in the app.

But this should be permanent change, I think. Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by resetting your new network. Do you have two different access point broadcasting two different SSIDs and while the WiiM Pro Plus is normally connected to newer AP it reverts to the old one when you reboot the new access point?

No way I'm aware of.

Which procedure exactly are you refering to? You can press the play button for three seconds to enter setup mode and connect the Pro Plus to the same network your phone (running the WiiM Home App) is connected to, following the instructions in the app.

But this should be permanent change, I think. Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by resetting your new network. Do you have two different access point broadcasting two different SSIDs and while the WiiM Pro Plus is normally connected to newer AP it reverts to the old one when you reboot the new access point?
I have two different SSID and I assure you that changing network is not permanent. Whenever the new SSID is for whatever reason offline the Wiim reverts back to former SSID.

This behaviour is a problem for me because I have my NAS configured on the new SSID. Even the dumbest device has a forget network option. I cannot switch off the old network because I would loose internet connection.

I guess it depends on how many devices it might impact, but could you change the SSID of the old network so that the WiiM doesn’t find what it was previously called?
If that’s too much of an issue, a factory reset of the Pro Plus might be your only way forward

Back