I WANT a Network Bridge STREAMER!

I'm listening to my Ultra right now, it is sitting atop the Rivo. It is a fine streamer, nothing wrong with it, and I never said there was. But, I want more, and I believe WiiM can deliver. I think we can all agree, WiiM is the Gold Standard in operating software, and the reason the Ultra and the PRO units I have will stay.
Using USB out to an external dac on both streamers?

I'm listening to my Ultra right now, it is sitting atop the Rivo. It is a fine streamer, nothing wrong with it, and I never said there was. But, I want more, and I believe WiiM can deliver. I think we can all agree, WiiM is the Gold Standard in operating software, and the reason the Ultra and the PRO units I have will stay.
If you seek higher performance, you can connect external dac via coax/optical/usb of your choice.

Your claim is invalid unless you provide a measurement proof such as thd plus noise, snr, sinad etc. Subjective opinion doesn’t bode well in this forum. I took a lot of heat when I express subjective so unless you can back up your claim you may well end up the same thing.
You guys and your silly measurements, grow up. This is audio gear, not some sensor on a nuclear sub. Some of my most favorite audio gear would never pass the smell test over at ASR, and hasn't, yet you guys bash it. You guys run around like a cult, I have heard some of that gear that everyone says measures superbly, and nine times out of ten, it sounds like crap, sterile, boring. I swear none of you take the time or expense to listen to the gear you bash.

I have six different streamers sitting here, with six different outboard power supplies, three of which cost more than three of the streamers. Various network switches, two ISPs, etc... So tell me, which one sounds best out of the this group from your experience using and listening to them? Roon Nucleus One, Volumio Rivo, Pi2 Mercury V2, Mac mini with TeraDak LPS, WiiM Ultra, WiiM Pro+, WiiM Pro, WiiM mini?

I have also owned the Cambridge Audio CXNv2 and BlueSound Node N130, and the SVS SoundBase. Please, tell us your experience with each of these streamers, measurements aside.

Right now, the Volumio Rivo with the Farad Super3 LPS, paired with the Roon Nucleus with the SBooster MKII LPS and the LHY SW8 network switch is the winning combination in regards to sound quality in my system. But that is over two thousand dollars in gear! It should sound better, and it does. And that is not knocking the WiiM, which I believe overall, is one of the best streamers for the money on the market today, especially this Ultra unit, this thing is cool.

And I am not bragging, I am putting my money where my mouth is. I will probably upgrade the Rivo here, if a better network bridge comes along. I am not interested in DACs or screens, just sound quality.

A well measured audio will never sound crap that’s a fact. If you look the spec between amp and ultra you can see ultra has higher snr in resulting higher transparency along with other measurements associated with ultra. I have both and just one listen it was noticeable.

You guys and your silly measurements, grow up. This is audio gear, not some sensor on a nuclear sub. Some of my most favorite audio gear would never pass the smell test over at ASR, and hasn't, yet you guys bash it. You guys run around like a cult, I have heard some of that gear that everyone says measures superbly, and nine times out of ten, it sounds like crap, sterile, boring. I swear none of you take the time or expense to listen to the gear you bash.

I have six different streamers sitting here, with six different outboard power supplies, three of which cost more than three of the streamers. Various network switches, two ISPs, etc... So tell me, which one sounds best out of the this group from your experience using and listening to them? Roon Nucleus One, Volumio Rivo, Pi2 Mercury V2, Mac mini with TeraDak LPS, WiiM Ultra, WiiM Pro+, WiiM Pro, WiiM mini?

I have also owned the Cambridge Audio CXNv2 and BlueSound Node N130, and the SVS SoundBase. Please, tell us your experience with each of these streamers, measurements aside.

Right now, the Volumio Rivo with the Farad Super3 LPS, paired with the Roon Nucleus with the SBooster MKII LPS and the LHY SW8 network switch is the winning combination in regards to sound quality in my system. But that is over two thousand dollars in gear! It should sound better, and it does. And that is not knocking the WiiM, which I believe overall, is one of the best streamers for the money on the market today, especially this Ultra unit, this thing is cool.

And I am not bragging, I am putting my money where my mouth is. I will probably upgrade the Rivo here, if a better network bridge comes along. I am not interested in DACs or screens, just sound quality.
Nobody stopping you on what you want! But what I do not agree with what you said with regards with measurements. How your ear and brain perceive sound is subjective and not many will be convince because it wasn’t measured. You can’t convince us who believe in science. Tube amp many claim sound spectacular when it has 10% thd. Surely those harmonic distortions pleasing to their ear when it wasn’t transparent.

A well measured audio will never sound crap that’s a fact. If you look the spec between amp and ultra you can see ultra has higher snr in resulting higher transparency along with other measurements associated with ultra. I have both and just one listen it was noticeable.
You can't really compare SNR between the Amp and the Ultra unless you connect the Ultra to an amplifier and measure at the output.

This is beyond ridiculous since we are talking about digital only (no DAC) and the WiiM is already bit perfect. So all those claims are just plain bogus (especially considering how clean the digital signal out of the Ultra is).

But who am I from preventing people from throwing money out of the window after all ?

Can you make a ranking of them as transports? From the best to the worst sounding. Put a percentage from the second best sounding to the last. That is 95% of rivo , 90% of rivo etc...

You guys and your silly measurements, grow up. This is audio gear, not some sensor on a nuclear sub. Some of my most favorite audio gear would never pass the smell test over at ASR, and hasn't, yet you guys bash it. You guys run around like a cult, I have heard some of that gear that everyone says measures superbly, and nine times out of ten, it sounds like crap, sterile, boring. I swear none of you take the time or expense to listen to the gear you bash...etc...etc.

What a profoundly arrogant and unpleasant post. :rolleyes:

Back