Is Room Correction an iterative process?

guy48065

After a measurement sweep & analysis you're offered the choice to retest. When you click "Adjust Again" does it refine the previous result--or just discard the data & start anew?

After a measurement sweep & analysis you're offered the choice to retest. When you click "Adjust Again" does it refine the previous result--or just discard the data & start anew?
I believe it is the latter, but the answer should be readily apparent by comparing the measurement results (Grey line). 🙂

I haven't been able to tell the difference with multiple passes--but I have a horrible room that might defy "refinement".

One annoying thing about "adjust again" is that you can't access the settings for room correction before "adjusting again"

One annoying thing about "adjust again" is that you can't access the settings for room correction before "adjusting again"
Manual tweaks would be nice.
How about a checkbox next to each band to "lock" it?

I was fiddling around with stacked subs yesterday and had limited the correction spectrum to 20-800Hz. The PEQ did a nice job of flattening and extending my response down to about 25Hz.
Then I did a full-spectrum pass and ALL the PEQ bands under 80Hz were reassigned to flattening my higher-frequency problems. Bass extension is now gone.
I guess manual adjustment using other SW (like REW) is the only way to get what YOU want.

Back