Is this amp compatible? No audio through RCA.

NickMDal

Hi and nice looking site! I have a WiiM Pro (updated) connected to a SMSL SA400 by RCA. Source is set to Wi-Fi.

Windows PC WiiM Home is installed and says its playing (DLMA) media server. The PC is connected by ethernet to the router, which the phone and WiiM connect to by Wi-Fi.

The Android WiiM Home app saw the piece playing as Win10 played it at the same time.

Now that I restart the Android app, it says "No Music Selected" even though the PC version is playing.

So I let the Android app load music on the cell and it plays. Either way, nothing comes from the amp/speakers.

Thanks for helping. Yes "line out" in the android app. That doesn't sound like RCA since it makes me wonder about line level.

There doesn't seem to be a way to select it in the Windows app.

Turn down the volume all the way on the amp. Select fixed volume output in the WiiM Home app. Make sure line-level output selected in the WiiM home and correct input selected on the amp. Start playing music, try Radio Paradise to test. Slowly turn up the volume on the amp.

The Windows/Mac apps are not the same as the WiiM app on a mobile device and are very limited to playing local music from the computer. No detailed settings of WiiM devices.

Technically the correct term is line level, RCA refers to the type of single ended connector. Mine are actually made by Neutrik😁

Turn down the volume all the way on the amp. Select fixed volume output in the WiiM Home app. Make sure line-level output selected in the WiiM home and correct input selected on the amp. Start playing music, try Radio Paradise to test. Slowly turn up the volume on the amp.

The Windows/Mac apps are not the same as the WiiM app on a mobile device and are very limited to playing local music from the computer. No detailed settings of WiiM devices.

Technically the correct term is line level, RCA refers to the type of single ended connector. Mine are actually made by Neutrik😁
Have you seen the balanced RCAs that have started to appear. Any experience of using them?

No I have no experience with them. I’ve not come across any components using them. They don’t turn single ended connections into a balanced connection. All of the balanced input/output on my equipment are XLR type - the typical standard.

No I have no experience with them. I’ve not come across any components using them. They don’t turn single ended connections into a balanced connection. All of the balanced input/output on my equipment are XLR type - the typical standard.
I have got a Khadas Tone Board that has them but it’s connected over standard RCA to an AVR. They sell XLR to Balanced RCA cables.

Do you have a AVR with balanced inputs?
No unfortunately not. The Khadas into standard RCA is bloody good though.

It sits on top of a Raspberry Pi 4 which is in a Lincoln Binns Pi Pro case. The Khadas is in an almost perfectly matching Audiophonics case. High WAF

Using the Android WiiM Home app, I set fixed volume output. Line level is set, and the amp shows "unbalanced" meaning line level and not XLR.

The audio test music played when configuring just now. However, the music on the cell does not play at all. It doesn't advance.

I'm happy to have the Windows app work as all music is duplicated throughout our network. Either would be good, assuming digital wi-fi from the cell is as good as digital from the desktop to wi-fi.

When I try to play from the desktop, it says "play failed." All files are .WMA lossless.

Just to confirm you do have audio? Did you try playing radio paradise from the WiiM Home app to test? Unfortunately, I’m useless to you on your other questions. I’m not sure your brand of cell, and Windows/WMA isn’t something I’ve touched in 15-20 years. I would only know from that time period to ask if they’re protected WMA files.

Think I may have found it. I had some old Nirvana (yes) and randomly clicked it on the phone. >100 dB later and now ALL the neighbors know we are grunge-classical. I wonder what that does to our social status 🤔.

Incesticide was saved as flac, which plays perfectly. WiiM doesn't seem to recognize Windows Media Audio lossless, .WMA. Huge bummer since our entire MusiCHI catalog is entirely .wma

Can one convert between lossless formats without losing the cleanness of a first generation CD rip?

If you’ve got a fair amount of local music then you may want to try LMS as a more robust solution for serving music to the WiiM. If you search for LMS on here you find threads where I and others have discussed it and basic setup.

The collection is entirely local. It is painstakingly cataloged in MusiCHI and synched around the network and to the cell.

The folder tree is created by Windows Media Player and includes cover files. Most are embedded.

For batch converting and saving folder structure (essential for MusiCHI), Pazera seems like a good option. Is there a better approach?

Back