Is this amp compatible? No audio through RCA.

NickMDal

Hi and nice looking site! I have a WiiM Pro (updated) connected to a SMSL SA400 by RCA. Source is set to Wi-Fi.

Windows PC WiiM Home is installed and says its playing (DLMA) media server. The PC is connected by ethernet to the router, which the phone and WiiM connect to by Wi-Fi.

The Android WiiM Home app saw the piece playing as Win10 played it at the same time.

Now that I restart the Android app, it says "No Music Selected" even though the PC version is playing.

So I let the Android app load music on the cell and it plays. Either way, nothing comes from the amp/speakers.

@d6jg - can LMS transcode WMA lossless to Flac for this user so he doesn’t have to convert? Although I would generally recommend moving to an open format like Flac…
The collection is entirely local. It is painstakingly cataloged in MusiCHI and synched around the network and to the cell.

The folder tree is created by Windows Media Player and includes cover files. Most are embedded.

For batch converting and saving folder structure (essential for MusiCHI), Pazera seems like a good option. Is there a better approach?

On the first point. Yes I think it can but I will need to check for certain.
dbPoweramp is the Swiss Army knife of such things

On the first point. Yes I think it can but I will need to check for certain.
dbPoweramp is the Swiss Army knife of such things
It appears WMA cannot be transcoded. It can be streamed by LMS direct to players that support it - not that many these days.

Wholesale conversion may be necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion. dBPoweramp made easy work of the conversion. It dropped new FLAC files alongside the WMAs. I then used Goodsync from PC to Android and filtered everything but FLAC.

So now I see that WiiM is the player. I didn't know but am happy to see the interface is intuitive.

Well now the patio sound better than our indoor system! 😁

Back