Issues with Ultra in chromecast in groups

mrbejker

Hi everyone!
Having issues when adding the Ultra to Chromecast groups.
Had similar type of issues with the Wiim Amp when it was newly released, but that has now been resolved thru updates.
Problem mainly consist in a delay when switching tracks on Spotify. A 2-3 second quiet delay before the unit starts playing along with other devices in the group.
However this time the issues seems to be even worse. Its difficult to make connections to the group. And if it works, the cast stream will not even show the group name, just Wiim ultra🙄(on Spotify). Casting from Qubuz to groups also presents issues with group audio fallouts, loss of volume control, and even frozen app.
Seems like adding the Ultra in a chromecast group adds several errors at this point.
Anyone else having a flawless experience with chromecast groups?

Hi everyone!
Having issues when adding the Ultra to Chromecast groups.
Had similar type of issues with the Wiim Amp when it was newly released, but that has now been resolved thru updates.
Problem mainly consist in a delay when switching tracks on Spotify. A 2-3 second quiet delay before the unit starts playing along with other devices in the group.
However this time the issues seems to be even worse. Its difficult to make connections to the group. And if it works, the cast stream will not even show the group name, just Wiim ultra🙄(on Spotify). Casting from Qubuz to groups also presents issues with group audio fallouts, loss of volume control, and even frozen app.
Seems like adding the Ultra in a chromecast group adds several errors at this point.
Anyone else having a flawless experience with chromecast groups?
Chromecast on ultra is not working as advertised and just wait for fix. We don’t know when.

Chromecast on ultra is not working as advertised and just wait for fix. We don’t know when.
FWIW when reverting Wiim reverted me back to the previous firmware before the latest update I tried out Chromecast and it worked perfectly for the 40 minutes or so I was on it.

FWIW when reverting Wiim reverted me back to the previous firmware before the latest update I tried out Chromecast and it worked perfectly for the 40 minutes or so I was on it.
My issue on chromecast when you push play it would play after 14 seconds even forward button. Then, it would stop in middle.

What is the version number for Chromecast on the Ultra?

I must admit, the people at Wiim are responsive to my questions most of the time. But I find the chromecast bug frustrating since it is one of the primary reasons I spent this much money. The Ultra seems to have many growing pains.

Back