Kinda long but I'm really confused...

13thCulprit

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully have some opinions.

I'm trying to get my backyard setup with these components: pioneer avr feeding 2 Bose outdoor speakers... nothing fancy or over complicated. I was originally using a Chromecast audio and it worked fantastic while I was using a Samsung Galaxy phone. Once I changed to a Google pixel 8 pro, it all fell apart. The Chromecast wouldn't respond well to commands from my phone but anything else Google would respond perfectly inside the house. Spotify wasn't responding well, Sirius XM wouldn't cast whatsoever but I could ask Google to play whatever channel and it would play. Thinking it was the CCA, I caught a wiim pro on sale and give it a try hoping for great results and better sound. Well.... Spotify still refuses. I see it playing on my phone but no sound. iHeartRadio and TuneIn SOMETIMES play but after several long minutes.Amazon music won't play. Sirius still won't cast. For reference, I'm using wifi with VERY GOOD signal according to the app. In truth, the wiim and the router are maybe 3 feet apart, only separated by the wooden floor. The wiim is connected to the AVR with the toslink provided in the wiim box. I've played with DNS setting, the IPv6 etc and scrolled this forum for anything that might help...

I'm believing that it's the phone but what the hell do I know ...

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Are you accessing the built in Spotify connect through the WiiM Home App? It's much better, doesn't need Chromecast, sound is superior and also supports gapless playback, while Chrome cast does not. when you use this feature your phone serves just as a Remote and the connection is much more stable as the Pro connects directly to your Spotify, instead of creating a bridge from your phone.

Are you accessing the built in Spotify connect through the WiiM Home App? It's much better, doesn't need Chromecast, sound is superior and also supports gapless playback, while Chrome cast does not. when you use this feature your phone serves just as a Remote and the connection is much more stable as the Pro connects directly to your Spotify, instead of creating a bridge from your phone.
I am using the built-in version of Spotify... I'm using all the built-in in versions of the apps that I carry an account with...

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully have some opinions.

I'm trying to get my backyard setup with these components: pioneer avr feeding 2 Bose outdoor speakers... nothing fancy or over complicated. I was originally using a Chromecast audio and it worked fantastic while I was using a Samsung Galaxy phone. Once I changed to a Google pixel 8 pro, it all fell apart. The Chromecast wouldn't respond well to commands from my phone but anything else Google would respond perfectly inside the house. Spotify wasn't responding well, Sirius XM wouldn't cast whatsoever but I could ask Google to play whatever channel and it would play. Thinking it was the CCA, I caught a wiim pro on sale and give it a try hoping for great results and better sound. Well.... Spotify still refuses. I see it playing on my phone but no sound. iHeartRadio and TuneIn SOMETIMES play but after several long minutes.Amazon music won't play. Sirius still won't cast. For reference, I'm using wifi with VERY GOOD signal according to the app. In truth, the wiim and the router are maybe 3 feet apart, only separated by the wooden floor. The wiim is connected to the AVR with the toslink provided in the wiim box. I've played with DNS setting, the IPv6 etc and scrolled this forum for anything that might help...

I'm believing that it's the phone but what the hell do I know ...

Thanks guys

How did you migrate your phone data when you changed from Galaxy to Pixel?

If you migrated all data using the Clone app (or Google Backup), you may have problems with network functionality.

I am not sure, but it appears to be a trouble related to the phone's network settings. It may be worth trying the following two methods

1, Please try a network reset on the Pixel and redo the network settings. Then test Spotify connect.

2, Factory reset the Pixel.
After the reset, install only the Spotify app without any data migration and test the operation. If this solves the problem, migrate only data other than apps and network settings, and install and configure apps manually from the play store.

(Please make sure that the phone data is backed up to Google or other data source beforehand.)

If you want to know more about backup and reset, please refer to Google's Android Help.

Back