Latency for subwoofer/mains

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
Is this up and running yet?

If so, how is it working? How do you know what the correct setting is?

If it’s through the room correction set up, can you set latency yourself with room correction turned off?

Is this up and running yet?

If so, how is it working? How do you know what the correct setting is?

If it’s through the room correction set up, can you set latency yourself with room correction turned off?
The latest update on amp has this sub latency adjustment, can someone post the image what the setting look like?

The latest update on amp has this sub latency adjustment, can someone post the image what the setting look like?
Has anyone actually got this? As I’ve already said I don’t think the mention of that in the beta website was anything other than an example. It’ll come I’m sure but there’s no firmware available that has it from what I see.

Has anyone actually got this? As I’ve already said I don’t think the mention of that in the beta website was anything other than an example. It’ll come I’m sure but there’s no firmware available that has it from what I see.
It’s available on latest official firmware.

Is this the object of your desires? I have it in both iOS and android apps. (No beta). Fw 5.0.617255. iOS 2.9.8 android 2.9.7.240511

They say good things come to those who wait (milliseconds)

Attachments

• IMG_0019.png
    IMG_0019.png
    746.7 KB · Views: 13
Is this the object of your desires? I have it in both iOS and android apps. (No beta). Fw 5.0.617255. iOS 2.9.8 android 2.9.7.240511

They say good things come to those who wait (milliseconds)
Yes, I’m on beta on amp and want to get the official so I can get the latency adjustment. There’s no button to opt it out.

You see baby boy the beta is behind in term of release date. Now is that make sense?
Just because firmware 5.0.617255 is generally available doesn't mean, everyone who's not on the beta programme already has it. ;)

Remember:

How do you know what to set it to?
If you don't have measuring equipment the simple rule of thumb is: Whatever setting gives the highest SPL (read: loudness) around the crossover frequency is the right setting. Chances are, 0 ms (no delay at all) might be the best setting anyway.

If your sub is performing some digital signal processing on its own then it most likely imposes some delay. The manufacturer of the sub should be able to specify this number in ms. There is no way to reduce this delay. Period. Choosing in the WiiM Home app will actually add a delay to the main speakers output to compensate for the delay of the sub. Negative numbers for subwoofer delay will actually add a delay to the mains output.

Only if your subwoofer does not impose a (noticeable) delay and it is placed further away from your main listening position than your main speakers you will have to go with a positive number in the delay settings for the sub.

Last edited:
I am wondering why the WiiM has auto-sync for MRM but not for SW. Are these different functions to begin with? 🤔

Yes, I’m on beta on amp and want to get the official so I can get the latency adjustment. There’s no button to opt it out.
I requested to remove the whitelist from the feedback and installed the official firmware.

Just because firmware 5.0.617255 is generally available doesn't mean, everyone who's not on the beta programme already has it. ;)

Remember:

If you don't have measuring equipment the simple rule of thumb is: Whatever setting gives the highest SPL (read: loudness) around the crossover frequency is the right setting. Chances are, 0 ms (no delay at all) might be the best setting anyway.

If your sub is performing some digital signal processing on its own then it most likely imposes some delay. The manufacturer of the sub should be able to specify this number in ms. There is no way to reduce this delay. Period. Choosing in the WiiM Home app will actually add a delay to the main speakers output to compensate for the delay of the sub. Negative numbers for subwoofer delay will actually add a delay to the mains output.

Only if your subwoofer does not impose a (noticeable) delay and it is placed further away from your main listening position than your main speakers you will have to go with a positive number in the delay settings for the sub.

Many thanks.

This really is something they should be able to set up via the mic in your phone.

Back